• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

check out this listing: Superman #1 Larson!

146 posts in this topic

I believe the seller of that auction is a long-time comic buyer. I talked with him the other day and I believe he does legitimately own the book, but the back cover is missing. :sorry:

I believe the seller of that auction is a long-time comic buyer. I talked with him the other day and I believe he does legitimately own the book, but the back cover is missing. :sorry:

I'm local and can look at the book in person if the seller is amenable.

The listing does leave a lot to be desired, to say the least...

Someone of the same username has often contacted me through aol and would indicate he was a collector of major books. I have no idea if that is true but assuming they are one and the same the syntax/mannerism are very similar.

I believe saying "Not CGC" is an ebay listing violation, is it not?

Someone of the same username has often contacted me through aol and would indicate he was a collector of major books. I have no idea if that is true but assuming they are one and the same the syntax/mannerism are very similar.

keyword spamming

He wants people to send him 10k DEPOSITS to hold a book that he won't have pictures of for weeks?

Adam, when you spoke to him, did you call Nigeria?

lol

My first reaction when I saw the listing was very similar. I definitely don't think the seller is doing himself any favors with that listing! But I did recognize the eBay ID as someone I'd spoken with a few times on the phone a number of years ago and met a few times at the SD Comic Con.

From the few times I've spoken with him the seller seems like a nice guy. But I will say the fact that the book is missing the back cover should've made its way into the listing at least once :) Especially before asking for a $10,000 deposit!

I think he is a serious golden age collector who I believe has owned some pretty significant golden age books over the years. I think he even used to advertise in the Overstreet.

"Not CGC" could probably cause that listing to get pulled down if someone were ever to decide to report it.