• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Bronze Age Flash Fans

35 posts in this topic

Wow. I think I had about half these issues when I was kid (around pre-school time). I specifically remember the one where he is vibrating so violently he can't stop because I was so young back then, I hadn't yet learned how to read yet. All I know was that this guy was cool, especially with all the lightning bolts trailing behind him when he ran.

Forgot about this thread. I was more a Green Lantern back up guy, than a Firestrom back up guy. I do remember the Firestorm issue drawn by George Perez, well I know he at least did the cover.

I think I'm right in saying that the Firestorm back-up in #289 was his first work for DC?

I liked the earlier Bronze Flash issues with the Nick Cardy covers. :cloud9: During this time, Flash was the only place outside JLA to find Green Lantern.

And some of it by Neal Adams.

Over the last couple of years, I've really developed an affinity for Nick Cardy's work.

Flash219front.jpg

Sharp issue! :cloud9:

I enjoyed getting BA Flash fresh off the racks in the mid-70s. I started with #237. I tried to get every ish for the next year, but I couldn't always get to the 7-Eleven. I got # 243 there, but never read the conclusion of "Death of the Top" until a few years ago.

Heh...I got #244 at a con or something 25-30 years ago and to this day have not gotten or read the first part of the story!

Yeah, I bought Flash 258 off the stands back in the late 70s but never got to read the conclusion in 259 until many, many years later. To my, at that time, 10 year old (or so) mind, I really thought the Flash had been killed. lol

This was one of my first Flash's---always digging the skeletons! :)