• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Spidey #129 Society

548 posts in this topic

Great collection Mmanick!

Brazil!

Brazil-18.jpg

Is there a reason why the Brazilian copy has the Punisher's costume greyed out? Is a skull offensive in Brazil? just curious...

Not sure. Maybe in the Brazillian version, Frank was in the Navy Seals... (shrug)

Does anyone know what size these foreign editions are in? Are they comic book size or bigger like a magazine?

Brazil!

Brazil-18.jpg

Is there a reason why the Brazilian copy has the Punisher's costume greyed out? Is a skull offensive in Brazil? just curious...

Not sure. Maybe in the Brazillian version, Frank was in the Navy Seals... (shrug)

Does anyone know what size these foreign editions are in? Are they comic book size or bigger like a magazine?

Thanks,....I doubt in the portuguese version he was a seal lol....To bad in the regular comics they didn't make him a green beret.....he had to be a marine!....

The punisher is my favorite character and I had to get everything with him. Punisher kills the marvel universe is my favorite comic.

Brazil!

Brazil-18.jpg

Thanks,....I doubt in the portuguese version he was a seal lol....To bad in the regular comics they didn't make him a green beret.....he had to be a marine!....

The punisher is my favorite character and I had to get everything with him. Punisher kills the marvel universe is my favorite comic.

lol just kidding about the seal thing. ;)

Punisher kills the marvel universe is a fantastic read. I sold mine a while ago and now just have it reprinted in a hardcover.

Is that Marvel Super Action magazine in black and white? Who drew the Punisher story?

Brazil!

Brazil-18.jpg

lol just kidding about the seal thing. ;)

Punisher kills the marvel universe is a fantastic read. I sold mine a while ago and now just have it reprinted in a hardcover.

Is that Marvel Super Action magazine in black and white? Who drew the Punisher story?

I think John romita drew it or klaus Janson possibly....I'd have to look at it. The only time I looked at both of those mags is when I first got them. I don't want to read them to much and ruin them.

How could you have sold the pun kills the marbel uni? I got mine at a great price for five bucks on a military base. Pretty much got me into wanting comics. I think I have the best punisher collection I've seen....

Brazil!

Brazil-18.jpg

the brazilian is the same size. the colombian and red greek version is digest size

Brazil!

Brazil-18.jpg

EBAL the publishers of Marvel in Brazil made a lot of interesting color choices on the covers of thier books. The flames also are all white, and the wall is a different color as well. Ebal books for the most part were all B@W on the insides... thier are exceptions to this but for the most part color covers and no color on the insides. Now I have thought about why the EBALs seem to get the color wrong, differently, or better depending on opnion? hm And, in some instances like with the Bats 227 even the art appeared to be changed however slightly. I think maybe when EBAL recieved the artwork since the insides were black and white maybe they recieved the color seps differently or not at all? Maybe they had to reproduce the color in some way that gave them more flexibility or even they just had to "wing" it? hm

All in all, the EBAL's 129 and the Kabanas Hellas Greek 129 are some of my favorite 129 foreigns....

Does anyone else here like the ace variant done by Ramos or the what if punisher killed spidey versions?

i have seen them on ebay i dont have them i only collct the original artwork cover...

Some of the ones on e bay are okay but the price is kinda off and a lot of the spotty grading on e bay is a bit off....I don't usually buy off e bay unless I trust the seller. The boards on this site are much better to buy from in my opinion. However sometimes it's nt here and you have to go to eBay. Usually when things are on bids a good deal can come of that. Original art sounds like a cool idea. That's a road I have travelled down yet.