• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

Incredible. I've never seen most of those covers. (thumbs u

Thanks! The 116 in particular is one I don't see much, and once again, nothing beats Kane inking himself.

Always love an excuse to show some Wonder Woman.......

Do you have a 108 to share Bob?

108 :cloud9:

I sure do. One of my favorite covers also !

WonderWoman108851-1.jpg

Second highest graded.

There was a nice one of these on Ebay a month or so ago and I'm kicking myself for not going after more seriously. You just don't find this one.

Do you have a 108 to share Bob?

108 :cloud9:

I sure do. One of my favorite covers also !

WonderWoman108851-1.jpg

Second highest graded.

There was a nice one of these on Ebay a month or so ago and I'm kicking myself for not going after more seriously. You just don't find this one.

Stevenrams on these boards has a 9.2

I searched many years for a nice copy of this book, and I have only seen one nicer..:

act206.jpg

...... I would like to officially place myself in the queue of interested parties should you ever upgrade......love this book.........GOD BLESS.,...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You guys are just slaying it right now. Tremendous quality books. :headbang:

Lots of beautiful books being shared! :applause:

You guys are just slaying it right now. Tremendous quality books. :headbang:

I've been hanging by a thread for pages now. I don't know how much longer I can hang on. And that was while you fellows were just posting front covers!

There are a number of Superman's below 139 that can be really tought to find in nice shape, this is one, and I really like this back cover as well:

sm122a.jpg

sm122b.jpg

Too awesome. I'd buy that one for the back cover alone!

:applause:

WW95newd_sm_zps89ab8e70.jpg

WW101.jpg

I just love Andru and Esposito's early renderings of Wonder Woman! I could look at those covers for hours. Sadly they were forced to deemphasize her femininity/sexiness by the powers that be at DC with issue #105,

:(

IMG_0899-2.jpg

I don't need much of an excuse either! I posted my earliest Wonder Woman comics in this thread previously:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=16&Number=5223224&Searchpage=1&Main=185508&Words=Wonder+Woman&topic=0&Search=true#Post5223224

Here then are scans of my next batch:

22-05-201111556PM.jpg

22-05-201111600PM.jpg

22-05-201111603PM.jpg

26-05-201163225PM.jpg

26-05-201163228PM.jpg

26-05-201163231PM.jpg

:cool:

I didn't know that about DC toning down Wonder Woman's" wonderfulness," but it makes sense now that I think about it. She definitely took on a more angular look after a certain point. That's a shame.

I love the 127 and 129. And as usual, fantastic copies!

I didn't know that about DC toning down Wonder Woman's" wonderfulness," but it makes sense now that I think about it. She definitely took on a more angular look after a certain point.

After issue #104 her previously flowing locks were bound up under her tiara, her hair became curlier and didn't flow with as much abandon, her jaw became squarer and she just took on the boxier look of a female Batman. Look at her chin here compared to that of her mother:

26-05-201175018PM.jpg

And check out how hot the other Amazons looked on #155 compared with Wonder Woman:

25-06-2011101057PM.jpg

Given how well Andru and Esposito drew the other Amazons, I wonder whether their portrayal of Wonder Woman after issue #104 was their revenge on the killjoys in the editorial department at DC. "You want us to make her less sexy, well then here you go!" But meanwhile she continued to be described as being as beautiful as Venus. Well she certainly didn't look that way through most of the Silver Age.

By the Bronze Age, Wonder Woman was of course looking much hotter:

BraveBold140cvrWonderWomanenlargeme.jpg

;)