• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

:makepoint: Census says, CGC 9.8 only 2 copies, & 9.6 only 4 copies last time I checked that's pretty tough to get right there !! my two ungraded copies that I cracked where at CGC 9.2 & 9.4.

A half dozen copies above 9.4! That is so not tough. Check the census numbers of the Brave and the Bold 31, Flash 107 and Gorgos posted around your X-Man 12 for comparison's sake.

(shrug)

The transition from atom age to full on 12 cent silver is a particularly difficult period for high grade romance. There are no census entries for these issues.

GirlsLove49fc100_zpsd97c035a.jpg

GirlsRomances68fc100_zps973de7e3.jpg

Colletta

FirstKiss07fc100_zps3d5b074c.jpg

ILoveYou21fc100_zps6f292e27.jpg

This one's for you Dan. Floozie gets an earful from respectable townsfolk. Attributed Bethlehem btw.

Intimate01fc100_zpsfb9540e6.jpg

In your experience, which are the toughest Kirby Fantastic Four to find in higher grades?

Not necessarily 9.6-9.8, as I am just interested in raw, I mean books in VFNM (9.0) or better.

I'd say #2, followed closely by #3 and then by #4.

:)

GirlsRomances68fc100_zps973de7e3.jpg

Yes. Women know and understand other women.

Floozie gets an earful from respectable townsfolk. Attributed Bethlehem btw.

Intimate01fc100_zpsfb9540e6.jpg

I'll take a couple dozen of the floozies!

:luhv:

The townspeople are right though. She should be breastfeeding that poor infant!

;)

In your experience, which are the toughest Kirby Fantastic Four to find in higher grades?

Not necessarily 9.6-9.8, as I am just interested in raw, I mean books in VFNM (9.0) or better.

In VF/NM or better, the toughest in my experience are #s 1,3, 11, and 13. After that, 2, 6, 7, 18, 25 and 31 are pretty tough.

But isn't #1 more frequently offered for sale in high grade than the other early Fantastic Fours? Admittedly, some of the other issues may have higher census totals, but the high price #1 fetches acts to coax out offerings from collections.

???