• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

Great sic-fi books!

TALESUNEXPECT17_zpsbfc3f3db.jpg

I never knew that this cover was by Kirby due to the greytone effects, I suppose. I have to say it still doesn't look like Kirby...you'd think his trademark poses at minimum would translate through the greytone process, but I just don't see it.

Hey John,

The reason you don't see Kirby in there is because. . .Kirby didn't work on that cover! CGC made a mistake. I can't remember if there's a Kirby interior, but there's no WAY that Kirby had a hand in that. Looks like Moriera to me.

Yes, Moriera makes a lot more sense. The second guy in green near the edge definitely looks like his.

Yeah, the more you look at the cover, especially the guy at the lower rt. edge, it is Moreira. I cannot recall a Kirby grey tone cover. Is there one ?

Nope

Here are scans of five more of my ten cent House of Secrets comics;

18-09-2011112136PM.jpg

:)

Weird that I've never seen this issue before, at least that I remember.

Elsa... :luhv:

Is it yours now Jim?

....is anything ever really ours (shrug) ......I suppose I have temporary custody for now lol ...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Is it yours now Jim?

....is anything ever really ours (shrug) ......I suppose I have temporary custody for now lol ...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Fair enough! Now why don't you pass it along to me and I'll take temporary coustoy of the book for the next decade and then I'll pass it along. hm