• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Omaha" The Cat Dancer
2 2

241 posts in this topic

I didn't realize CGC is now using the super-size me cases with BS 9.

BS9_92002.jpg

geez - why is CGC so tough on BS #9? Maybe I'm missing something but that looks nicer than a 9.2...

Edited by Comixcroz

geez - why is CGC so tough on BS #9? Maybe I'm missing something but that looks nicer than a 9.2...

I thought the same exact thing, Jason. I've seen uglier books with nicer labels.

Really nice book. :applause:

Why don't they notate her first appearance? They notate her third appearance on E-Man #5 - but no first or second appearance notation on the BS books. (shrug)

So okay, so I have read all the early stuff, and have the first five Collected Omaha hardcovers on the shelf. Has the newer stuff from Sizzle ever been collected??

So okay, so I have read all the early stuff, and have the first five Collected Omaha hardcovers on the shelf. Has the newer stuff from Sizzle ever been collected??

From James Vance's blog:

The other was the conclusion to Omaha the Cat Dancer, which in some ways was the hardest and most personally important project of my life. Following notes left by the beloved and sorely missed Kate Worley, I worked with Omaha creator Reed Waller to wrap up their long-running sexy soap opera. Those final chapters will be collected in a volume from NBM in late summer of 2013.

From James Vance's blog:

The other was the conclusion to Omaha the Cat Dancer, which in some ways was the hardest and most personally important project of my life. Following notes left by the beloved and sorely missed Kate Worley, I worked with Omaha creator Reed Waller to wrap up their long-running sexy soap opera. Those final chapters will be collected in a volume from NBM in late summer of 2013.

BTW, haven't seen any mention of this elsewhere on the boards. It looks like Volume 8 (the volume collecting the Sizzle issues and completing the series) came out September 1st:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Omaha-Cat-Dancer/dp/1561637548

Just wanted to confirm something.

It's been mentioned that the last number of the sequence 5 4 3 is the print.

So if it says exactly that above it is 3rd print.

What if it actually says "1st print" though?

Just wanted to confirm something.

It's been mentioned that the last number of the sequence 5 4 3 is the print.

So if it says exactly that above it is 3rd print.

What if it actually says "1st print" though?

The 1st print (August 1981) has $1.50 USD cover price, and says 54321 on inside front cover.

What about some of the other books?

For instance I have 2 x #2's

Both have exact same cover including price, same indica including date, same ads etc.

Only difference is one has 54321 and one has 5432

I have a 543 of #3 but at least it has a different cover price to distinguish (although it still says first print).

I have a #5 that has 5432 but it says 2nd printing and a different date so easy to distinguish also

And now to throw another wrench into the pot I have one that says 2nd printing but has 5 4 3

Edited by comicnut

This auction would have to be the ultimate score for an Omaha fan, way too rich for me, though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Lot-of-Vootie-Underground-Comics-1977-1980-Reed-Waller-Ken-Fletcher-/390781145251?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5afc5f10a3

Wow!

I have never even seen examples of Vootie before.

Sixty-five copies or less were produced for each issue. (65 copies of the work for a given issue had to be submitted for inclusion, after which the editor would collate them. Not all 65 issues were necessarily distributed.)