• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So who's watching the 82nd Oscars on abc?

113 posts in this topic

Well when I go to see the Celtics play, I look up to the sky and see 17 banners...So you do the math! lol

Don't care about the banners.

When I see the Celtics play, I see a flopper and dirty playing point guard, a dirty powerforward, a dirty center, an arrogant small forward and a great shooting guard.

They need all of those banners to wipe up after the dirtiest team in the NBA.

Why would you care about banners? You're not from Boston.

Thank goodness. :banana: I would be ashamed of my home team, had that been the case.

Banners = championships...so I guess whatever team you route for has none!

And I have watched nearly every game the C's have played over the last few years and have yet to see a "dirty" play by any of them. And wtf is a flopper??

You must be blind or watch every game with rose-colored specs. You've got three guys in the starting lineup alone, that are constantly trying to start a fight with any and everyone. Enjoy your banners, as it looks like they help dilute the *spoon* stain, that is the Boston Celtics.

Rasheed Wallace: This man is mentally unbalanced; the embodiment of sleeze and bad sportsmanship. He is a nasty person. The type of person, to where if he was not lucky enough to make the NBA, he would be in prison.

Rajon Rondo: "Flopper". This man belongs in Hollywood, not Boston. At the slightest touch of the pinky finger, he will go flying into the 5th row; or fly backwards like he was shot point blank with a 12 gauge. He obviously studied the ways of Vlade Divac, immensely. Not only that, but upon standing up from one of his Academy Award winning performances, he will then attempt to pick a fight with someone. I can't wait for the day that someone takes him on his offer. He makes a living off of being an actor and a belligerent.

Kendrick Perkins: I call him "Moose". What is this guy always trying to fight somebody for? What is he so angry about?

Paul Pierce: Hearing this guy speak at the All-Star game was all it took. It was nice to see Barkley rip him a new one, during the commentary.

Glen Davis: There is a reason he is known as "Big Baby".

The only time this team was sleezier than it is now, is when they had Sam Cassel--the grandmaster of all that is and all that has ever been sleeze in the NBA.

:whatev:

Can you believe that Citizen Kane "The Greatest Movie of All Time" and my favorite movie never won Best Picture at the Oscars :o:pullhair:

That's because Hearst, who was one of thre most powerful men in the country, did everything in his power to destroy it.

Kobe and Lebron are the best players currently in the NBA. Kobe of course the best closer beating out about 5-6 teams in the final seconds. He can't do it every night like in Orlando today.

I think the Lakers are the best franchise in the NBA.. They have the best winning percentage in the playoffs and in the regular season edging out the Celtics and I believe they have more Conference titles than the Celtics. The celtics do in fact have more titles, but the Lakers will soon surpass them. So everyone who is hating on the Lakers, all I can say is we shall see who will win the championship this season. Nuff said

I hate them both, but the Lakers have been a lot more relevant in the last 20 or so years than the Celtics. Heck, the Knicks have made it to the finals more than the Celtics in that period. Basically, if McHale had not sent Garnett to Boston as a gift for his former employers we would not be having this discussion. (Granted, if Kobe had not forced his trade to the Lakers we wouldn't be having it the other way most likely and Tim Duncan would probably have 6 rings rather than 4).

hmmm....no one is mentioning the Cavs. They are going to win it all.

bwahahahahaha, see how far they get in the playoffs with no big man after the drop and sign Z Ilgauskas scam is disqualified by the NBA

Kobe and Lebron are the best players currently in the NBA. Kobe of course the best closer beating out about 5-6 teams in the final seconds. He can't do it every night like in Orlando today.

I think the Lakers are the best franchise in the NBA.. They have the best winning percentage in the playoffs and in the regular season edging out the Celtics and I believe they have more Conference titles than the Celtics. The celtics do in fact have more titles, but the Lakers will soon surpass them. So everyone who is hating on the Lakers, all I can say is we shall see who will win the championship this season. Nuff said

I hate them both, but the Lakers have been a lot more relevant in the last 20 or so years than the Celtics. Heck, the Knicks have made it to the finals more than the Celtics in that period. Basically, if McHale had not sent Garnett to Boston as a gift for his former employers we would not be having this discussion. (Granted, if Kobe had not forced his trade to the Lakers we wouldn't be having it the other way most likely and Tim Duncan would probably have 6 rings rather than 4).

So, it's OK to mention the "gift" trade of Garnett to the Celtics (which at the very least included at least a talented young forward/center that averaged 20 & 10), but we should obviously keep mum about Memphis' gift trade of Gasol to the Lakers (for essentially... nothing), that basically transformed them from a mediocre Western team to instant contender material and eventually (16 months later) Champions.

Gotcha! (thumbs u

Still doesn't mean someone needs to pooo all over Boston and their team just because they don't like them. To call the 17 banners nothing is completely idiotic and disrespectful. This is coming from someone who lives in Orlando...now there's a sports town! lol more like a giant tourist attraction.

Both Boston and the Lakers have an amazing history of sucess in the league. A lot of this history was against each other. Bird vs. Magic was a crazy cool time.

I don't see how anyone can HATE any team. If anyone who hates the Celtics or the lakers, were born and raised in that town, they'd have a far different perspective on the matter.

Celtics are a great historic team and there's no reason why Boston fans can't be proud of their teams like any other region.

Still doesn't mean someone needs to pooo all over Boston and their team just because they don't like them. To call the 17 banners nothing is completely idiotic and disrespectful. This is coming from someone who lives in Orlando...now there's a sports town! lol more like a giant tourist attraction.

Both Boston and the Lakers have an amazing history of sucess in the league. A lot of this history was against each other. Bird vs. Magic was a crazy cool time.

I don't see how anyone can HATE any team. If anyone who hates the Celtics or the lakers, were born and raised in that town, they'd have a far different perspective on the matter.

Celtics are a great historic team and there's no reason why Boston fans can't be proud of their teams like any other region.

:applause::applause::applause: