• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Toys that you had as a kid that really push nostalgia

388 posts in this topic

Very nice,they have parachutes right.I think I remember these :applause:

There is a toy that I have been looking for forever,The Great Garloo mint in the box (shrug)

garloo.jpg

I have never seen one of these.

He sure is a noisy little critter isn't he??

:cloud9:

I think it's time for a service check lol He needs to get those bearings greased or something

I had lawn darts.

I have an original set of Jarts in the box with the scoring hoops and everything. My law partner's mom was throwing them out in the garbage. Same way i scored a boxed Sears version of the Atari console.

Jarts were EVIL!

:devil:

remember playing how close you could get without impaling someone?

A lot of people got impaled, hence the disclaimer on the version that Nerf posted. I will try to remember to take a couple photos of the ones I have. The ones Nerf posted were from not too long before they were pulled off the market. Mine are older. I'm not sure how old, but the family had kids that were jarts age from about '58-'68

Very nice,they have parachutes right.I think I remember these :applause:

There is a toy that I have been looking for forever,The Great Garloo mint in the box (shrug)

garloo.jpg

I have never seen one of these.

He sure is a noisy little critter isn't he??

:cloud9:

Nerf that noise just takes me back.I just gotta have one :pullhair:

Like many, I grew up with G.I. Joe, Star Wars and Transformers.

There are a couple of toys I do remember playing with that bring back fond memories. Here are a few of them:

Starcom Space Force toys

pkg_derringer.jpg

Action Team Mates (like big G.I.Joes, they came with a full set of decals so you could make them whatever player you wanted)

teammates.jpg

And of course.....Robotech! My favorite cartoon to this day (Macross Saga) and up to a few years ago I still had a boatload of the valkyries (precursor to the Transformers Jetfire figure)

takavf1j_max3.jpg

I remember I had a toy as a kid that was TOTALLY misrepresented in the commercials. It was some kind of rubbery flying dinosaur lizard or something, it came in a plastic egg, and you were supposed to be able to rip parts of it off and reattach them with other toys in the series. I want to say there was a cyclops, "mine" and maybe a dragon???

I got the toy on my 7th birthday, proceeded to rip a wing off joking with my mom and guess what...it didnt stick back on. terrible day for me

this was in 84. I still remember how mad my mom was that I destroyed that thing immediately after I opened it

I know exactly what you're talking about. I was 6 when those came out and they were total junk. I wish I could remember what they were called.

Oh and I remember they smelled absolutely horrible. I remember that quite distinctly.

I still have all my original GI Joes from the 1960s, about 40 total (we were poor, but somehow I managed to be a Joe hoarder). Tons of Joes, vehicles, equipment, uniforms, etc, some still with the original boxes. I'll have to post a few pics when I get a chance, all awesome stuff.

I had a bolt-action Johnny Quest rifle with spring-loaded cartridges so that when you pulled the trigger, the bullet actually fired out of the muzzle.

I also had a bunch of marbles when I was in Germany that were called "frenchies" that I would love to find again.

I LOVED M.u.s.c.l.e.s.!

Remember the larger packs came in opaque plastic

garbage cans?I had the ring and everything.My all time fave

was the wrestler that was just a giant hand.........

Thanks for the pic,that was the best!!!

I had lawn darts.

I have an original set of Jarts in the box with the scoring hoops and everything. My law partner's mom was throwing them out in the garbage. Same way i scored a boxed Sears version of the Atari console.

Jarts were EVIL!

94531.jpg

:devil:

I put one of these through the bottom of our above ground swimming pool. Threw it really high and it came down in the pool... poked right through the liner. My Dad was royally pizzed and tanned my hide good. lol

Shogun Warriors :cloud9: I had the giant sized Mazinga and my cousin had Raydeen. Those toys were awesome when we were kids. I remember Stretch Armstrong and G.I. Joe with the kung fu grip lol

How about Stretch Monster?

hm

:P That just looks wrong.

I had a Texaco gas station made out of pressed tin, with the "Big Red Star" and fully operable garage doors . . . :cloud9:

Found it! Boy, my Dad sure went all-out that year! :applause:

BO0923.jpg