• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: the Nature Boy Vs Hulkamania on TNA on Spike tonight

23 posts in this topic

I remember seeing Hogan when we first broke into the WWWF around 1982 at the old Spectrum. He was a bad guy. We had Row 2 seats in his corner. He came in with his deep tan and a gold cape. He spread the cape away from his body Batman style and was huge and in phenomenal shape. Quite awesome. Reminded me of me...today...yeah, me....that's the ticket.

I was really into wrestling as a kid. I saw Hulk Hogan, who was part of the AWA circuit at the time, wrestle against Andre the Giant in a special match at Maple Leaf Gardens in 1981. Hogan was not a regular but Ric Flair was. Those were the classic days of Maple Leaf Wrestling. The WWF hadn't really taken off yet and it was the NWA all the way.

Sure they are waaaaayyyy past their primes, but I can't wait to watch this.

If I wanted to see a couple of geriatric patients go at it, I'd throw a tube of Preparation H into a nursing home and watch the resulting deathmatch. :P

They definitely looked old. Hogan is still big, but pretty slow. I have never seen a bloodier mess than Flair though. It was nasty.

Overall, I liked the show last night. I like turning Sting into a bad guy.

I was just thinking that Sting never really became a bad guy.

There was that PPV where he got jobbed out of the WCW title and ran amok with Luger., attacking Goldberg and Page with baseball bats. Yet, that angle disappeared the very next night on Nitro.

Then there was the fake Sting back in the early NWO days. Thats what caused him to drop the Drum Major outfits and start channeling the Crow.

Ah Yes good ol' nWo Sting

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and "Mean" Gene Okerlund announced that during the Gulf War, Sgt. Craig Pittman purposely left Cobra in the desert, then reported him AWOL back at camp. Cobra lost all rank and respect, learned to wrestle, and came to WCW seeking revenge on Pittman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NWo_Sting

Dude totally looks nothing like Sting.