• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Return To Collecting? List your Marvel SA Classic Superhero Covers

46 posts in this topic

Dear Boardies --

As some of you may know, I've been out of comic collecting for about 3 years now for a variety of reasons. I do collect George Perez/Joe Sinnott Fantastic Four OA pages (issues 167-178), but am now missing having some of the books as well.

At this point, I'm interested in putting together a small collection of the great Marvel SA covers (I'll collect graded books, since the cover is all you really get) for presentation in my basement. I'm looking not only for the Overstreet "classic" designation, but also any AWESOME covers that scream "Silver Age Marvel". I'm going to collect grades from about 4.5 to 9.0 or so depending on the book and its cost -- all superhero books, by the way.

My question to y'all is which covers should be on my list? I have several contenders, of course, but would love to hear from you on the topic to jog my memory on the great ones.

Thanks!

Dan :applause:

FF #12

Surfer #4

Daredevil #7

JIM #89

JIM #95

X-men #4

I'll let others chime in too.

Welcome back, Drummy!

You were on your way out when I got here and it's nice to see you come back!

:headbang:

So far, these are great! A few I haven't seen before, such as the Two-Gun Kid. I'm not sure if I'll branch out into Westerns, but we'll see...

As far as DC goes, I respect them greatly but didn't grow up with them. I need the nostalgic hook to make this work, I think.

Keep 'em coming!

Dan (worship)

So far, these are great! A few I haven't seen before, such as the Two-Gun Kid. I'm not sure if I'll branch out into Westerns, but we'll see...

As far as DC goes, I respect them greatly but didn't grow up with them. I need the nostalgic hook to make this work, I think.

Keep 'em coming!

Dan (worship)

Knowing you.....an FF 13 should be on the list. A nice ASM 26 would also look good, as would a Thor 133,150 and 151. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u