• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Slab Smells!

62 posts in this topic

Place the slab in a box with a raw onion. It works on skunk urine. (shrug)

Ok, what had skunk urine on it that had to be saved? You couldn't just throw it out?

:baiting:

:grin:

lol It was actually a house I lived in when I was a kid! All of the skunk urine went into the onion! :cloud9::grin:

You put your house in a box with an onion? Did you live in Kandor?

:kidaround:

:roflmao:

If my dog would have stayed in a box, I would have tried it when she got sprayed.

Unfortunately the smoke smell is in the inner parts of the slab and the airing out may be the best possiblity. However, you can try using plain white vineger on a rag and wipe down the outer parts of the slab. Vineger is great for getting out all smells including smoke in clothes when you wash them and should help the problem.

Maybe I should be more specific, how can I "get the smell out?"

I dunno, but if you rub a little dog doo on it, you shouldn't smell the smoke anymore.

Live with it or get it reslabbed. That's what I've had to do.

Yeah, I don't think there is not much you can do to get smoke smell out of plastic.

My wife collects miniature plastic toys. On the forum she is on, they suggest putting the plastic toys in the freezer to help get out smoke smell, but I don't think that would be a good idea with comics.

I agree with Sterling. I think the only thing you can do is get it reslabbed or hope that it eventually airs out on it's own.

I'm suggesting getting a box of baking soda and sprinkling the entire box in a large enough box to hold the slab.

Set a tea cup upside-down, lay the book on the tea-cup and close up the large box for a few weeks.

I have no doubt this will work.

This is great advice. Uncooked rice or kitty litter will produce the same result.

Good luck!