• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS5 Record in the making

160 posts in this topic

My take: the census number will only rise for GR 1 & MS 5. Will demand rise? I doubt it, this is Ghost Rider we're talking about! Ghost Rider!!! How many series has he had cancelled? Outside of a core cult following, who really cares??? confused-smiley-013.gif

6 series? The same could be said for Iron Fist, Dr Strange etc.. Should the horror genre books be worthless because there isn't a series for them anymore? There will always be niche collectors. Hell, I've seen people who collect those Team USA books..

Brian

GR is a cool character, so why not high grade MS5 demand some cash?...

NO! GHOST RIDER IS LAME!

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO LIKE HIM!

devil.gif

Now that I have successfully caused the price of this book to crash... acclaim.gif

I'LL PAY 10 TIMES COVER PRICE FOR ALL YOUR MS#5's! gossip.gif

This auction offers a perfectly-cut, super-sharp copy of the Ghost Rider starring in his very first appearance EVER in comics. Marvel Spotlight features his first solo series. This auction offers MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #5 from 1972. This copy is graded at 9.2, or NEAR MINT MINUS, with WHITE PAGES. A word about this comic: This book is incredibly tough to find in true high grade, and the fact that it is rarely nicely centered complicates the quest for the perfect copy . I upgraded my CGC 9.4 with this copy years ago because it is a nicer copy even at a lower grade. Its corners are sharp, and its spine is stress free. The cover gloss and colors are like-new. There is no writing, date stamp, or any hidden defects here. I have provided scans of the book so you can see exactly what you are getting. Last I heard, the Ghost Rider movie starring Nicolas Cage is due to come out this fall.

Another QP fanatic..... cloud9.gif

So stop waisting your time posting here trying to convince us, and go buy! If these books are such good investments at these prices, and are only going to go up and up, then keep your mouth shut about it, empty your bank account, max out your credit cards, get a second mortgage on the house, and laugh at us later when you're sitting on your comic-funded yacht with a supermodel sitting on each quad.

.....or it could be possible that you're trying to find justification for your bullish buying habits by drilling your incessant arguments into the ground, trying to keep up your personal delusions and trying to delude others. But what do I know? I ain't no Doctor Phil, that's for darn tootin'.

This isn't directed at you AK, just easiest to respond to the last post. I'm not arguing that the price for this book is going into the stratosphere. But could someone please explain how this is movie hype. The movie isn't even in preproduction. It's at the same stage as it has been for the last SIX YEARS. Talk and that's it. Cage has been talking about this movie since before he did Con Air for fu893censored-thumb.gifs sake. The movie is at the same stage as the Subby movie and Iron Man movie and a dozen other projects that Marvel may or may not get off the ground. Is it just possible that this book is popular because it's cool and not easy to find in high grade. I don't even like GR and I have a 9.4 MS 5. I guess I'm only trying to make a point that not everything that takes off in price is driven by movie hype and speculators. Just my .02 though.

Shrug. I've been buying. I think it's an excellent book, that's why I've owned 9 copies. If you come across any 9.4 or 9.6's with solid centering, I'll gladly buy.

Brian

Because you LIKE the book. You're a collector, and that's fine. But you honestly think this is reasonable for a 9.2 fron an "investment" standpoint?

Again, I have NO problem with a collector who buys for the LOVE of a book, and if the winner of the 9.2 is buying for that reason, then all the more power to him. But Marvelous is arguing from an investmet standpoint, and that's where I take issue.

Heck if you dont really care about the book why keep it put it some where you do care!I mean its a neat book and everything but if it has no sentimental value the stock market looks solid right now! Start an Ira right now with it or put it in another book that way if the market takes a bit of a slump you still wouldnt mind owning it!

Davidking623

My take: the census number will only rise for GR 1 & MS 5. Will demand rise? I doubt it, this is Ghost Rider we're talking about! Ghost Rider!!! How many series has he had cancelled? Outside of a core cult following, who really cares??? confused-smiley-013.gif

That's exactly why a very high grade copy of this book is hard to find: a stiff character that has had no traction, a black cover, a period of time where Marvels in high grade at all are hard to find, and a general apathy in the buying public for a long time. I don't think there are lots of this book in high grade, I just don't - I NEVER see high grade copies of this (or Luke Cage 1, FF 122, FF 112, or any other black cover Marvel from the time period).

Movie hype? You want to talk about movie hype?

Here's a pre-production image of Ghost Rider in all his flaming glory... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

ebay\ghost_rider.jpg

For someone that used to get pissed every time someone posted the Punny picture, you sure post this one a lot.

Do you use it as your desktop wallpaper?

hi.gif

I don't even like GR and I have a 9.4 MS 5. I guess I'm only trying to make a point that not everything that takes off in price is driven by movie hype and speculators.

I agree. And I'm not trying to bag on this book, but MMMarvelous is just a little too bullish for me to handle.

At current prices, believe me I'm seriously considering it. But that's not the point. Stupid pic that JC posted notwithstanding, my point is that I don't see how this is movie hype. By the way JC, where did that pic come from?

I believe that may have been him at the Halloween party in Vegas! 27_laughing.gif

Kidding 27_laughing.gif

Davidking623