• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS5 Record in the making

160 posts in this topic

Even looking at 9.0's, there's only one instance of an 8.0 (one sale over $800 in the last year) selling for more than the cheapest 9.0 (one sale less than $800 in the last year). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Clerical error, and I just checked back to my posts (with data backup) and it was "sell a CGC 8.5 and buy a 9.2".

Check on that one for me, and let me know if you need price data.

Even looking at 9.0's, there's only one instance of an 8.0 (one sale over $800 in the last year) selling for more than the cheapest 9.0 (one sale less than $800 in the last year). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Clerical error, and I just checked back to my posts (with data backup) and it was "sell a CGC 8.5 and buy a 9.2".

Check on that one for me, and let me know if you need price data.

Nope...I think you need to fire your clerical support!! 27_laughing.gif

Two 8.5's broke the $1k barrier last fall (Oct/Nov of '03, well after the movie), but you would have to go all the way back to December of '02 before you could pick up a 9.2 for under $1k. In fact, the data doesn't support any scenario of selling an 8.5 and later being able to buy a 9.2... confused-smiley-013.gif

However, the "multiplier" between the 8.0/8.5/9.0/9.2 grades have been narrowing for this book, and that's a trend I've noticed on a lot of books. Namely, VF"ish" copies have maintained/appreciated much better than NM/NM-"ish" copies. That shows me that the collector base is strong for slabbed books, whereas the 9.2/9.4 and up market is much more volatile, most likely due to the premiums being paid for "top census" copies which end up later as "2nd/3rd/4th top census" copies.

Long live the collector!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif

..and interesting point re the narrowing vf spread. I guess that makes sense, a lot of investor-collectors won't look at a book unless it's 9.4 while the collectors buying vf copies probably don't care too much about 8.0 vs 8.5 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The auction closed at $665.

Record price on a 9.2.

It had one last bid at the end.

Otherwise it was uneventful.

I love watching bid wars at the close.

That is...except when I'm involved. 893frustrated.gif

the current record is $122.50 For a 7.5

I forgot to mention it looks pretty nice for centering and has white pages.I dont have it yet but will soon! I know it is only a 7.5 but it might surprise!

Davidking623

SURPRISE 219.99

Davidking623

Maybe the winner can flip this book before the movie comes out and get a CGC 9.0 for less than what he paid for this CGC 7.5 after the movie hype fades? confused-smiley-013.gifpopcorn.gif