• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 group shots

57 posts in this topic

I was talking with Adamstrange the other day and he asked if I had put together a 2009 group shot. Thought it was a good idea, as I like to look back and see how my tastes have evolved and what books still remain in my collection after a few years have passed. So here they are, my 2009 golden age purchases that still remain with me, in chronological order no less!

I'd love to see everyone else's pickups from this past year. I was kind of surprised how much gold I had acquired in just 12 months. It can be kind of eye-opening.

Edit: the last four or five are from this year. Screwed up a bit! :blush:

DSCF0158.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

DSCF0160.jpg

DSCF0161.jpg

I was talking with Adamstrange the other day and he asked if I had put together a 2009 group shot. Thought it was a good idea, as I like to look back and see how my tastes have evolved and what books still remain in my collection after a few years have passed. So here they are, my 2009 golden age purchases that still remain with me, in chronological order no less!

I'd love to see everyone else's pickups from this past year. I was kind of surprised how much gold I had acquired in just 12 months. It can be kind of eye-opening.

Edit: the last four or five are from this year. Screwed up a bit! :blush:

DSCF0158.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

DSCF0160.jpg

DSCF0161.jpg

Love the Fight 32, mystery men, and the Marvel Mystery #12. These books alone would traslate into a VERY successful year of collecting for many. Great group shot. :applause:

Anyone else have a shot? Come on now, I know a lot of you like taking them (Parker).

I just spend a little time looking at these shots and realized that virtually none of these books came from big dealers. Even more surprising was the amount that came from these boards.

Boards: 20 books

eBay: 9 books

Dealers: 4 books (one from Jim Payette, one from Leroy Harper, one from a show, one from CLink)

I've been scrolling back and forth through those pictures for the last hour or so and I'm still amazed. Just a fabulous set of books!!!

Comics rock! :headbang:

I know this isn't the greatest of pictures. But, this ranks as my best find ever. This was from an auction last year. It was one of those auctions where you had to be there to know the gems. You never find Bakers in such bunches. The person who owned them must have been a Baker collector in the 90's. I say this because most of the bags were quite yellowed with age. And, considering how small my collecting focus is, it was like winning the lotto odds wise. I considered myself very fortunate to have gotten these.

Estate2.jpg

estate1.jpg

Anyone else have a shot? Come on now, I know a lot of you like taking them (Parker).

I just spend a little time looking at these shots and realized that virtually none of these books came from big dealers. Even more surprising was the amount that came from these boards.

Boards: 20 books

eBay: 9 books

Dealers: 4 books (one from Jim Payette, one from Leroy Harper, one from a show, one from CLink)

i just have individual shots Andy :(

I know this isn't the greatest of pictures. But, this ranks as my best find ever. This was from an auction last year. It was one of those auctions where you had to be there to know the gems. You never find Bakers in such bunches. The person who owned them must have been a Baker collector in the 90's. I say this because most of the bags were quite yellowed with age. And, considering how small my collecting focus is, it was like winning the lotto odds wise. I considered myself very fortunate to have gotten these.

Estate2.jpg

estate1.jpg

Wow! I need to find an auction like that. The Junior alone would be worth the price of admission :applause:

Estate2.jpg

estate1.jpg

Amazing! :applause:

Do you have individual scans of the Cinderella Love issues? Great covers on those, and they hardly ever come up...

Great find.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

I sold the CL27 and CL15 since I already had better copies. But, of course, the CL29 was in beautiful shape so this one is a big keeper.

img493.jpg

img491.jpg

That is fantastic. How much did it cost you (if you don't mind my asking)? Where can I find such an auction? Me want!

The Junior is the cherry on the sundae...