• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #1 Club

1,679 posts in this topic

Just got my WD #1 back from CGC this weekend and it's a 9.8! It had been in storage since 2003 when I bought it off the rack, so I am extremely happy. It also goes to show that there are still some raw beauties out there. Wish I knew how to post a pic... doh!

Excellent!

Just got my WD #1 back from CGC this weekend and it's a 9.8! It had been in storage since 2003 when I bought it off the rack, so I am extremely happy. It also goes to show that there are still some raw beauties out there. Wish I knew how to post a pic... doh!

Congrats!

Head over to www.imgur.com and drag your photo from your computer to the webpage. It will automatically upload it. Then just grab the link and put it in between these two tags

yourpicture.com (without spaces)

Is it me or are we beginning to see a pattern here with #1 CGC 9.8 prices? The time between the season's midway break appears to be the best time to sell and the best time to buy is possibly now thru and up to that break. This will be a dormant summer and depending on moves by Kirkman and talks of movies, I bet we sales back around 1500-1700 range on ebay over the summer

Is it me or are we beginning to see a pattern here with #1 CGC 9.8 prices? The time between the season's midway break appears to be the best time to sell and the best time to buy is possibly now thru and up to that break. This will be a dormant summer and depending on moves by Kirkman and talks of movies, I bet we sales back around 1500-1700 range on ebay over the summer

I love stats. lol

Hi, I didn't check to see how old this debate is, but I sell a fair amount of Walking Dead #1s on Ebay. Of those I have sold, probably 90% were white label. Additionally, when I purchased my first copy of The Walking Dead #1 in October 2003 the Wednesday it came out it was the black label that I got off the rack at my local comic shop. I was told later by a comic store owner that the black label was considered too hard to read, so Image changed it to a white label during the same printing. The result was that some shops got black and others white. Anyway, for me the black label is the first one, regardless of how rare it is versus the white one.