• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #1 Club

1,679 posts in this topic

Hi, I didn't check to see how old this debate is, but I sell a fair amount of Walking Dead #1s on Ebay. Of those I have sold, probably 90% were white label. Additionally, when I purchased my first copy of The Walking Dead #1 in October 2003 the Wednesday it came out it was the black label that I got off the rack at my local comic shop. I was told later by a comic store owner that the black label was considered too hard to read, so Image changed it to a white label during the same printing. The result was that some shops got black and others white. Anyway, for me the black label is the first one, regardless of how rare it is versus the white one.

You also thought eBay fees were 2-3% so.......

I've managed to get two Raw #1's not had them graded yet but been told that they're both about a 9.4 - 9.6

Managed to get 1 of them by itself for £300 and the other I got in a lot which worked out to about £15 a comic

Really wanted one black MR and one white but I guess I'm gonna have to keep looking

12487_10201155147667939_1173051411_n.jpg