• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman # 1 Blue label 9.0 to be auctioned on ComicLink again.

542 posts in this topic

Bill, nowhere above do I say that just because I despise restored books, people shouldn`t buy them. It`s just my own personal feeling. While as a philosophical matter I`d prefer that there was no market for restored books so that people would stop restoring them, I know that`s not going to happen.

What I don`t like is someone saying that the only reason I don`t like restored books is because I`m ignorant.

I would never call you that Tim. Not sure who did. You are clearly a well informed collector and successful business man.

I know you didn`t, Bill. :foryou: My irritation wasn`t aimed at you.

I just need to let you fondle some of my lightly restored gems and see if I can soften your position a little bit

:)

I have no doubt that they are very nice and very well done! (thumbs u

I just need to let you fondle some of my lightly restored gems and see if I can soften your position a little bit

Mix a little bit a ah, ah

With a little bit a ah, ah

Give a little bit a ah, ah

With a little bit a ah, ah

Its gettin hot in here

So take off all your clothes uh uh

Bill, nowhere above do I say that just because I despise restored books, people shouldn`t buy them. It`s just my own personal feeling. While as a philosophical matter I`d prefer that there was no market for restored books so that people would stop restoring them, I know that`s not going to happen.

What I don`t like is someone saying that the only reason I don`t like restored books is because I`m ignorant.

I would never call you that Tim. Not sure who did. You are clearly a well informed collector and successful business man.

tim, that is not the "gem" he was refering to, that he wants you fondle :blush:

(tsk)lol

:eek::sick:

:cloud9:

:screwy:

:acclaim:

This thread has taken a rather disconcerting turn

This thread has taken a rather disconcerting turn

You were expecting what exactly from this thread? Afterall, it is about a book detailing the adventures of a vengeful, twisted, crime-fighter roaming across the rooftops of an American city during the Great Depression with his teenage "partner", both clad in spandex and wearing capes. C'mon, really, is gay not the central theme here?

batman84.gif

I think you may have killed the auction for this book with that one panel, good grief. A "cold shower and some breakfeast" WTF?? Two dudes in their pyjamas sharing the same bed followed by the gratuitous use of the word "bonner". doh!

Not that it matters, but I would argue that there are two beds. You can see the yellow wall between the two brown headboards.