• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament SWEET 16

143 posts in this topic

:news:WELCOME TO THE MARCH MADNESS GRADING TOURNAMENT SWEET 16 :news:

This year's Sweet 16 features two tournament top seeds (worship) , last year's champion (worship):acclaim:, last year's tournament top seed :applause:, and many perennial powerhouse teams (thumbs u . So the games will be hard fought to the wire. :slapfight:

Good luck to all the competitors! :wishluck:

Rules:

1. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the body of the PM.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments, ie. No 9.5’s.

3. Due date for grades is Tuesday at 10:00 PM PST or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification (or more confusion) before submitting grades.

5. Your score will be tallied and compared to your opponent's score as follows:

Spot on= 20 points

Within .2= 15 points

Within .5 or closer= 10 points

Within .7 or closer =7 points

Within 1 or closer= 5 points.

Within 1.2 = 2 points.

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Bracket16.jpg

After I send my grades to Nostalgic, you can pm me your grades and we can have a side wager.....:sumo: private game style put up a comic worth big smackers.

oh yeah, we can't talk about comic grading club :lol:

SWEET 16 Books:

Amazing Spider-Man 52 OW-W

Avengers 95 OW-W

Fear 23 White

Iron Man 20 CR-OW (LRFC corner is folded back with CB crease- not slab damage)

Image is of Iron Man 22, not 20. Mistyped or wrong pic?

:news: GRADING ADDENDUM #1 :news:

Fear 23: Any discolorations (raibow patterns) on the front cover are reflections due to the scan. The scratch at the Bottom FC is a scratch on the case not the book. The discoloration at the LLBC is a scan reflection- the corner is sharp and white.

IM 20: There is a wrinkle at the LRBC corner not a tear.

Edit: The squiggle over the 'B' on 'INVINCIBLE' must have been a piece of

lint. It is not on the book. doh!

If you have submitted your grades already, you may resubmit on those two books. Deadline for that is Noon PST on Monday. :sumo:

In case everyone else gets their grades in early, I won't be able to submit my grades til Monday night or Tuesday morning. Funeral tomorrow. :(

SORRY to hear,and go take care of the truely important stuff....

this game will be sitting here waiting for you when you're ready. (thumbs u