• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Green Lantern #76

21 posts in this topic

question for ya..

the distributer ink oversparey (purple) leads into a big white spot on the front cover...did someone try to "erase" the ink spot or remove it with something?maybe it was the front book of the stack and someone tried to wipe it off when it was originally sprayed on the book? looks almost like it was removed and it took the green color with it... the distributor overspray would have been a dark spot on that green...if so....6.5/7.0 with a possible PLOD?

may adjust my grade with more info. (thumbs u

Considering large scans tend to exagerate the spine creases I believe this book will get an 8.0 depending on the page quality. Poor PQ would mean a 7.5 .

I am also concerned about the overspray issue. 8.0 if the overspray is a non event.

It is a wierd spot, but I dont think anyone messed with it, or that it will come back with the PLOD. Scan makes it look MUCH worse than it is. Call me crazy, but Im predicting at least a 9.0 - maybe higher w/ white pages! I will post the grade once I get it.

If it was an Avengers.. It would grade higher! :roflmao:

Thanks everyone for your opinions!!

no new info from the OP? info please about that spot on the front....

My guess is whatever solvent was in the distributor ink caused the books cover ink to "reactivate" causing the blotch you see. I see that more on very dark covers when DI was applied to the book.

I actually dropped this CGC book, and cracked the case :frustrated:

Im planning on re-subbing it

With all this March madness going on, I wanted to see who could even come close. :whistle:

Heres the scan still in its CGC case....

Photobucket