• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,357 posts in this topic

On 7/4/2023 at 7:03 AM, FoggyNelson said:

What’s the value on this?

Couple hundred in grade, only slightly more than a regular #1 issue, maybe a fourth or third more. Higher grades of both, of course, are worth more or lots more. :)

I saw what looked to be a NM raw copy of web of horror 3 at a store. Dealer was asking 450 for it but I felt that was pretty high. Any thoughts? First Wrightson work. 

On 7/8/2023 at 6:28 PM, jr70 said:

I saw what looked to be a NM raw copy of web of horror 3 at a store. Dealer was asking 450 for it but I felt that was pretty high. Any thoughts? First Wrightson work. 

It's scarce in high grade, that's for sure. 

But I'm also anxiously awaiting the collected edition coming this fall...  :taptaptap:

On 7/8/2023 at 3:28 PM, jr70 said:

Not 1st Wrightson work. That title belongs to Creepy #9

On 7/8/2023 at 10:36 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Wikipedia shows first pro work as House of Mystery 179 (April 1969).  Web of Horror 3 is a year later.  I always understood that it was the first cover but I could be wrong.

First time I ever saw a Wrightson cover...I purchased it immediately.   

On 7/8/2023 at 8:57 PM, OtherEric said:

I think it might be first Pro work?  Creepy #9 was on the fan page.

It also depends on what you mean by "first appearance."

It seems like we all agreed that the "Bernie A. Wrightson" who appeared on the "Dear Uncle Creepy" page in CREEPY #5 was THE Bernie Wrightson.

So that's his first appearance in print that I know of, with his first art appearing on the fan page in CREEPY #9.