• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,222 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2022 at 10:00 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Well, well, well.  After looking for many years for a nice, white, clean copy of this magazine, my ship finally came in!  Whiteness and colors are much better in hand.  Very pleased with this copy!  :acclaim:

IMG_6666.thumb.JPG.a5125ebfd125109b0839dd5f51931afa.JPG

Very nice, and a reminder that with Skywalds, the black covers are tough and the white covers can be tougher!

On 1/16/2022 at 12:40 AM, Jayman said:

Very nice, and a reminder that with Skywalds, the black covers are tough and the white covers can be tougher!

Why are there so few graded copies of Skywalds? Seems people slab all sorts of common comics with little sense, yet barely ever find a slabbed copy 🤷🏻

On 1/16/2022 at 1:46 AM, Gregd said:

Why are there so few graded copies of Skywalds? Seems people slab all sorts of common comics with little sense, yet barely ever find a slabbed copy 🤷🏻

My best guess would be that they are difficult to find in the 9.2 and above range. Therefore not always worth getting slabbed. Is anyone able to check the census?

On 1/16/2022 at 2:10 AM, Jayman said:

My best guess would be that they are difficult to find in the 9.2 and above range. Therefore not always worth getting slabbed. Is anyone able to check the census?

Checking the census I see a tiny amount getting slabbed (only 4 on census for this issue). The covers are crazy cool- even when they are in VF condition. Guess I’ll just buck the trend and send my nicer copies in to slab. I averaged about $18 per issue on a recent purchase of 19 issues- so adding an additional $40 for slabbing a copy puts it at $58 per issue.  Still seems crazy cheap. 🤷🏻

On 1/16/2022 at 3:38 AM, Randall Dowling said:

Here's a snapshot of Psycho on the current census.  Couldn't quite get the last couple issues in one shot and keep it legible but you get the idea.

Yeah interesting. We’re all in single digits here with less than 5 copies in grade above 9.0!

On 1/16/2022 at 2:51 AM, Gregd said:

Checking the census I see a tiny amount getting slabbed (only 4 on census for this issue). The covers are crazy cool- even when they are in VF condition. Guess I’ll just buck the trend and send my nicer copies in to slab. I averaged about $18 per issue on a recent purchase of 19 issues- so adding an additional $40 for slabbing a copy puts it at $58 per issue.  Still seems crazy cheap. 🤷🏻

Smart money is proactive. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu