• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,230 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2022 at 4:53 PM, Jayman said:

Super pleased with this book! Some of you may know the cover to Psycho 12 has a white border around Jeff Jones art. For whatever reason this white is notoriously dingy and yellowed. I have always been on the lookout for a nice pure white cover but have never come across one. I saw this book on eBay with not the best photo and decided to take a chance as even in the poor lighting, the cover looked promising with its even tone. Here is the picture from the listing and my scan of the book. Following are my two other best copies that have the yellowed covers. To say I’m thrilled is an understatement! :ohnoez:

6944DCB5-ED3D-4CE5-8B55-B3236DBCAD36.jpeg

Psycho # 12b.jpg

Psycho # 12.jpg

Psycho # 12a.jpg

WOW! That is bone white, congrats  on that find.

On 1/3/2022 at 7:53 PM, Jayman said:

Super pleased with this book! Some of you may know the cover to Psycho 12 has a white border around Jeff Jones art. For whatever reason this white is notoriously dingy and yellowed. I have always been on the lookout for a nice pure white cover but have never come across one. I saw this book on eBay with not the best photo and decided to take a chance as even in the poor lighting, the cover looked promising with its even tone. Here is the picture from the listing and my scan of the book. Following are my two other best copies that have the yellowed covers. To say I’m thrilled is an understatement! :ohnoez:

Psycho # 12b.jpg

Ahhhh.... that's better. About got blinded by that bright white. B|

Sweeeeet!

Edited by Artifiction

On 1/4/2022 at 5:59 AM, ThothAmon said:

Some non comic mags in my collection. I’m hoping someday the high grade music/rock/popular culture mags will have CGC demand. Got lots of them!  Here’s a sample.

image.jpg

I read Creem religiously,  cool mag. 

On 1/4/2022 at 1:01 AM, Rip said:

And these also from another fellow boardie. Finally got a very nice Eerie 2. The 23 isn't to shabby either.

eeries.jpg

Where did you find the backer boards? The only size I seem to be able to find are about exactly the size of the magazines. I'd like them to be a little larger, like yours appear to be. I'm currently using the Comic Pro Line 56PT boards. I love their thickness, but wish that they were a little larger. They're 81/2X11".

On 1/4/2022 at 2:34 PM, Artifiction said:

Where did you find the backer boards? The only size I seem to be able to find are about exactly the size of the magazines. I'd like them to be a little larger, like yours appear to be. I'm currently using the Comic Pro Line 56PT boards. I love their thickness, but wish that they were a little larger. They're 81/2X11".

The best Magazine boards in my opinion are E Gerber's Full-Backs, a bit pricey, especially for me as I have to get them shipped to the UK, but well worth it. 

On 1/4/2022 at 10:58 AM, batmiesta said:

The best Magazine boards in my opinion are E Gerber's Full-Backs, a bit pricey, especially for me as I have to get them shipped to the UK, but well worth it. 

I've been using their silver/golden sized for my comics, and they are nice. I wanted something a little thicker for my mags, and the 56pt boards were the answer, but imo they're just a little too small in size. The Gerbers would give me an extra 1/8" in width, a 1/16" on each side, which isn't too much. I think an extra an extra 1/4", an 8 3/4X11" would be great. That would give an extra 1/8" on each side of the mag. It would be a better fit in the 9X11.5" Mylite2's, too. I'll just have to make do with what I can get. 

Edited by Artifiction