• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,222 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2022 at 3:54 PM, Artifiction said:

Thanks, Greg. I posted new scans. They're not too bad for maybe mid-grade books? They exhibit great color and gloss.

They look sharp. I’d love copies of those slabbed in my collection.  Need to pay off some stuff 😬 before I go hog wild again… but love these mags. The Eerie publication book that’s coming out will be perfect timing.  I can amass my wish list!

On 1/15/2022 at 5:59 PM, Jayman said:

The best I’ve found in years of searching…

Nightmare # 15a.JPG

Black covered beauty👍

On 1/15/2022 at 6:05 PM, Jayman said:

Another super tough one…

Psycho # 14.jpg

WOW another black beauty 🎶🎶

On 1/16/2022 at 5:10 PM, Artifiction said:

And a few slabs. Not exactly this week, but very recent purchases. I can't get a good scan of a slab so these are sales pics that I robbed from ebay.: 

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (12).jpg

You are one the grabbed that Tales! I was negotiating for all the books he had at the time. Care to sell it? 😂

On 1/16/2022 at 5:18 PM, Gregd said:

You are one the grabbed that Tales! I was negotiating for all the books he had at the time. Care to sell it? 😂

I knew you were the one that snagged the others! I was going to snatch up the 9.4 that was selling, too. But no, they were all gone shortly after I got mine. All of them! I only had limited funds so went for my favorite cover of the bunch. Heck no I don't want to sell it. lol

On 1/16/2022 at 5:27 PM, Artifiction said:

I knew you were the one that snagged the others! I was going to snatch up the 9.4 that was selling, too. But no, they were all gone shortly after I got mine. All of them! I only had limited funds so went for my favorite cover of the bunch. Heck no I don't want to sell it. lol

I feel like there are 5-10 of us buying these things. We probably should just coordinate our buys here 😂😂😂

Great pickup- loved that one and almost didn’t buy the rest because of it.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:10 PM, Artifiction said:

And a few slabs. Not exactly this week, but very recent purchases. I can't get a good scan of a slab so these are sales pics that I robbed from ebay.: 

s-l1600 (8).jpg

Not 100% certain but I believe these later issues 78-79 are lower in print runs. I think some titles even made it to the 1980’s. I know @bounty_coder would know…

On 1/16/2022 at 7:53 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Is there something else going on with that book?  Because it looks really nice for a 7.5...

I haven't checked the grader's notes, but I'm guessing it's because of the substantial, color breaking crease at FC-LRC and accumulated spine stresses?

Edited by Artifiction

On 1/16/2022 at 7:00 PM, Artifiction said:

I haven't checked the grader's notes, but I'm guessing it's because of the substantial, color breaking crease at FC-LRC and accumulated spine stresses?

I've seen a lot worse books in 7.5 and 8.0 slabs.  Nice book for the grade.  (thumbsu

On 1/16/2022 at 8:00 PM, Artifiction said:

Apparently the back cover also has "heavy fingerprints"...  :whistle:

On 1/16/2022 at 4:21 PM, Jayman said:

Not 100% certain but I believe these later issues 78-79 are lower in print runs. I think some titles even made it to the 1980’s. I know @bounty_coder would know…

@Jayman yep the titles Weird and Terrors of Dracula went into late 1981. Weird Vampire Tales actually published into 1982. It’s very Weird seeing barcodes on Eerie Pubs :insane:

On 1/17/2022 at 11:34 AM, oakman29 said:

My favorite cover of the run.

I had that as a kid, it's a rag now. I need to find a nice copy of that and add it back to my collection.