• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,219 posts in this topic

Purchased a random collection of magazines -- no keys or older stuff -- containing:

Famous Monsters

FilmFax

FilmFax Outre

Monster Scene

Black Cat reprints

Radition reprints

etc

Without older stuff and/or "keys", is there any interest?

I'll try and get some pictures up.

Are you going to try and sell them here?

Here's the deal: I am going to try and sell them somewhere at some point to make back my money and buy more stuff. But I didn't want this to be a "look what I have for sale" thread.

I just wanted to show some interesting magazines and such that I picked up -- perhaps get some notes on cool magazines you see -- or stuff I should look for in the collection.

If people see something they want, I wouldn't turn away a PM.

Of the stuff I have, probably interested in keeping the TMNT book and the Zombies hardcover.

For instance I have no idea how to look up the Zombies book; just says "Zombies" on it. I also don't know what that little book is that I have. And/or if anyone actually cares about FilmFax or Outre.

Not sure if anyone has seen this - picked it up a few weeks ago at my LCS - they know I love mags and showed it to me.

I had never read any of Brubaker's Criminal trades before so I was unfamiliar with this title.

Boy was I pleasantly surprised and wow did I love having a 2016 mag to read.

It felt like I was in a time warp - and look at the back cover!

It was put out as a 1 time special - I think there was a regular comic book edition put out also.

I really loved the story within a story ( like Watchmen) - the son is handed a Deadly Hands mag and tries to locate other issues within the main story, all while we get to see/read the Deadly Hands story with the son as he reads it.

Pretty cool.

Hopefully other companies will put out mags again.

2qmdk6u.jpg

5ppico.jpg

Edited by Jordysnordy

Not sure if anyone has seen this - picked it up a few weeks ago at my LCS - they know I love mags and showed it to me.

I had never read any of Brubaker's Criminal trades before so I was unfamiliar with this title.

It was put out as a 1 time special - I think there was a regular comic book edition put out also.

I really loved the story within a story ( like Watchmen) - the son is handed a Deadly Hands mag and tries to locate other issues within the main story, all while we get to see/read the Deadly Hands story with the son as he reads it.

Pretty cool.

2qmdk6u.jpg

5ppico.jpg

Is this made to look old?

Pretty cool.

2qmdk6u.jpg

5ppico.jpg

Yes. And worn!

Pretty cool.

2qmdk6u.jpg

5ppico.jpg

Yes. And worn!

+1 it looks great in hand!

Pretty cool.

2qmdk6u.jpg

5ppico.jpg

That is great!!!!

Finally picked up a copy of Savage Tales #1. It was bothering me that I did not have the first appearance of Man Thing. With this issue I think I have the first appearance of every Marvel character that was created from 1/1959 to 12/1979. :cloud9:

F66352F7-FE3C-47E5-A9F8-AB8615D5B5D3_zps3mrsgdke.png