• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #29 CGC 9.6 Blue?

85 posts in this topic

Just did some research - on the Allentown Pedigree

But can't find a pic.

I wish the Tec 27 Allentown would get graded so we would know what it really is.....

9.4/9.6

I saw it prior to being slabbed when it was on sale at SD Con. It is amazing. Timely (West) used to own it but now it's own by Eric Roberts (no, not the actor).

I saw it prior to being slabbed when it was on sale at SD Con. It is amazing. Timely (West) used to own it but now it's own by Eric Roberts (no, not the actor).

I believe West said it was clearly better than the MH copy. I wonder why the Dentist decided to pass on it if it was so obviously superior?

I believe West said it was clearly better than the MH copy. I wonder why the Dentist decided to pass on it if it was so obviously superior?

Just didn't want to break up that 28-40 MH run?

(shrug)

Once he swapped the MH 27 for the AT 27, all chances of uniformity were gone, so why not upgrade?

Here ya go...

Thanks for adding the pic! I am a little disappointed it does not have WHITE PAGES though (shrug)

lol

That books is a shear wonderment - how could a book over 70 years old stay pristine all that time. A true gem and a diamond in the rough.

I am not speaking market wise or off anything substantial - but in my personal opinion I value this 9.6 Tec 29 far more than I value the 8.0 Tec 27 that just sold. Reason being is this book is pristine and the true highest grade of it in existence. As we all know the 8.0 Tec 27 was not. If I had 1 million dollars to spend on a book I would be hard pressed to take an 8.0 Tec 27 over this 9.6 Tec 29. That is my opinion.

If the 9.6 Tec 29 does go back to auction would it be sold for over a million? I would hope so but I would say the odds would be stacked against it. I hope it would. But it is not a 1st appearance.

Now if the Tec 27 Allentown ever gets graded and comes to auction - the sky is the limit on that book. If it turns out to be a 9.6 as well - that book should be worth "millions."

Any speculation on hammer price if that 9.6 29 went to auction?

$500k

I value this book in my opinion to be worth

750K - 1 Mil.

Would it reach that in an auction? Probably not (at this immediate time). But in my opinion it should. It's a wonder. a 9.6 70 year old book and its the 2nd Bat-Cover. Get out!