• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling stars..

215 posts in this topic

I tell you what Steel......if you don't believe me, then why don't you respond to all of the following points in the post below about you. smile.gif Let me know if you'd like to see 30 or 40 paragraphs more Steel.....it'll only take me an extra 2 or 3 seconds to make them.

And as far as showing disrespect and a lack of responsibility.......lighten up Francis......it was a joke. grin.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading this letter, you will never again be able to trust The_Man_Of_Steel, and you will see with crystal clarity the way that unlike The_Man_Of_Steel, I have chosen to take the moral high ground and will remain there. The rest of this letter is focused exclusively on The_Man_Of_Steel, not because I harbor any ill-will towards him, but because I believe I have finally figured out what makes people like him produce a large number of totally foul-mouthed extravagancies, most self-indulgent indecencies, and, above all, the most sanctimonious blasphemies against everything that I hold most sacred and most dear. It appears to be a combination of an overactive mind, lack of common sense, assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to the real world. Stick your nose into anything he has written recently, and you'll get a good whiff of parasitic ethnocentrism. Curiously, he can't attack my ideas, so he attacks me. It could be worse, I suppose. The_Man_Of_Steel could hurt people's feelings. He says that his perversions are not worth getting outraged about. That is the most despicable lie I have ever heard in my entire life.

The_Man_Of_Steel's shenanigans are designed to impair the practice of democracy. And they're working; they're having the desired effect. The key point here is that this is what The_Man_Of_Steel's intimates try to prevent us from hearing about on radio and television or reading about in popular magazines and large-circulation papers. That shouldn't surprise you when you consider that this is not wild speculation. This is not a conspiracy theory. This is documented fact. I have the following to say to the assertion that The_Man_Of_Steel is the one who will lead us to our great shining future: Baloney! If I try really, really hard, I can almost see why he would want to lead an active disinformation campaign. The first lies that he told us were relatively benign. Still, they have been progressing. And they will continue to progress until there is no more truth; The_Man_Of_Steel's lies will grow until they blot out the sun.

The_Man_Of_Steel should work with us, not step in at the eleventh hour and hog all the glory. I didn't want to talk about this. I really didn't. But he should think about how his protests lead snippy-to-the-core dweebs to abandon me on a desert island. If The_Man_Of_Steel doesn't want to think that hard, perhaps he should just keep quiet. Maybe he is being manipulated by cynical vigilantes, but even so, I have a dream, a mission, a set path that I would like to travel down. Specifically, my goal is to examine the social and cultural conditions that eliminate those law-enforcement officers who constitute the vital protective bulwark in the fragile balance between anarchy and tyranny. Of course, I myself have to laugh when he says that profits come before people. Where in the world did he get that idea? Not only does that idea contain absolutely no substance whatsoever, but we should agree on definitions before saying anything further about his crass politics. For starters, let's say that "communism" is "that which makes The_Man_Of_Steel yearn to pose a threat to personal autonomy and social development." However deep one delves into the citations and footnotes of The_Man_Of_Steel's ballyhoos, and however poised and "mainstream" his hangers-on appear once challenged, there is no way to forget that to say that I'm too cuckoo to push a consistent vision that responds to most people's growing fears about the most vindictive authoritarians I've ever seen is disorganized nonsense and untrue to boot. We don't have to stand for this!

For those who need very specific examples in order to grasp the significance of The_Man_Of_Steel's drug-induced ravings, I'll give a very specific example: Think for a moment about the way that it will not be easy to stop The_Man_Of_Steel's encroachments on our heritage. Nevertheless, we must attempt to do exactly that, for the overriding reason that all he really wants is to hang onto the perks he's getting from the system. That's all he really cares about. Although I consistently operate on today's real -- not tomorrow's ideal -- political terrain, I do not countenance challenging The_Man_Of_Steel through breaking the law -- to do so is cruel, acrimonious, and indefensible.

You see, we must step back and consider the problem of his publicity stunts in the larger picture of popular culture imagery. If we fail in this, we are not failing someone else; we are not disrupting some interest separate from ourselves. Rather, it is we who suffer when we neglect to observe that The_Man_Of_Steel's idea of uncompromising, neo-shallow barbarism is no political belief. It is a fierce and burning gospel of hatred and intolerance, of murder and destruction, and the unloosing of an impolitic blood-lust. It is, in every sense, a clueless and pagan religion that incites its worshippers to a slatternly frenzy and then prompts them to invent a new moral system that legitimizes his desire to lead us into an age of shoddiness -- shoddy goods, shoddy services, shoddy morals, and shoddy people. We must face the undeniable fact that when The_Man_Of_Steel was first found trying to shout obscenities at passers-by, I was scared. I was scared not only for my personal safety; I was scared for the people I love. And now that The_Man_Of_Steel is planning to guarantee the destruction of anything that looks like a vital community, I'm downright terrified.

Let's look at the facts. First, grumpy curmudgeons and people of similar psychological type are often inspired by his half-measures. Second, you and I honestly have a lot more class than The_Man_Of_Steel. And finally, The_Man_Of_Steel is utterly -- and I mean utterly -- brutal. Now that that's cleared up, I'll continue with what I was saying before, that that's just one side of the coin. The other side is that he and I disagree about our civic duties. I contend that we must do our utmost to establish a supportive -- rather than an intimidating -- atmosphere for offering public comment as expeditiously as possible. The_Man_Of_Steel, on the other hand, believes that he could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world than anyone else. More to the point, The_Man_Of_Steel says it is within his legal right to create a Frankenstein's monster. Whether or not he indeed has such a right, The_Man_Of_Steel's helots' thinking is fenced in by many constraints. Their minds are not free because they dare not be.

Nonetheless, ancient Greek dramatists discerned a peculiar virtue in being tragic. The_Man_Of_Steel would do well to realize that they never discerned any virtue in being ethically bankrupt. If someone were to put frightful mendicants on the federal payroll, I'd rather it be an army of self-absorbed amnesiacs than he, because the latter is pestiferous, while the former are only pretentious. The simple, regrettable truth is that he wants to make conditions far worse than could ever have been the case without his yellow-bellied efforts. Why he wants that, I don't know, but that's what he wants. The_Man_Of_Steel's hirelings are the intemperate, callow rubes of the modern age. (Read as: when his insinuations are challenged, The_Man_Of_Steel stages an outpouring of phony emotion in order to look good to the public.)

Currently, his conjectures merely unleash an unparalleled wave of opportunism. As you will see eventually, this is only the tip of a gigantic iceberg. Whatever else may be the case, it is certain that I, hardheaded cynic that I am, am hurt, furious, and embarrassed. Why am I hurt? Because if it weren't for bloody-minded control freaks, he would have no friends. Why am I furious? Because he likes thinking thoughts that aren't burdensome and that feel good. That's why I surely feel that The_Man_Of_Steel has insulted everyone with even the slightest moral commitment. He obviously has none, or he wouldn't deface property with racially and sexually derogatory epithets and offensive symbols. And why am I embarrassed? Because he has a natural talent for complaining. He can find any aspect of life and whine about it for hours upon hours. Ignorance is bliss. This may be why The_Man_Of_Steel's secret agents are generally all smiles.

The_Man_Of_Steel can write anything he wants about how things would be different were we to give into his demands and let him elevate avaricious, hate-filled hucksters to the sublime, but I am convinced that there will be a strong effort on his part to censor any incomplicitous opinions in the coming days. This effort will be disguised, of course. It will be cloaked in deceit, as such efforts always are. That's why I'm informing you that whenever there's an argument about The_Man_Of_Steel's devotion to principles and to freedom, all one has to do is point out that a lot of people may end up getting hurt before the final spasm of The_Man_Of_Steel's rage is played out. That should settle the argument pretty quickly. His expedients are based on a denial of reality, on the substitution of a deliberately falsified picture of the world in place of reality. And this dishonesty, this refusal to admit the truth, will have some very serious consequences for all of us as soon as our backs are turned.

It should come as no big shock to anyone that I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people. I can therefore assure you that it is not uncommon for The_Man_Of_Steel to victimize the innocent, penalize the victim for making any effort to defend himself, and then paint the whole irritable affair as some great benefit to humanity. There are three fairly obvious problems with his revenge fantasies, each of which needs to be addressed by any letter that attempts to take steps toward creating an inclusive society free of attitudinal barriers. First, one can predict on empirical grounds that one day he will subject human beings to indignities. Second, unsavory rude-types do not deserve the assistance they receive from society. And third, one does not have to expose and neutralize his enemies rather than sit at the same table and negotiate in order to break the mold and stray from the path of conventional wisdom. It is a sophomoric person who believes otherwise. Now that this letter is over, I pray that my logic and passion have convinced you that in this crucial hour and under the treachery of our time, I must announce that The_Man_Of_Steel serves as a conduit that carries the élan vital of Dadaism.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said "either way it shows a real lack of responsibility for what you say. If you expect to gain respect by showing disrespect, then you are sadly mistaken."

What is the point in posting that garbage, to hijack a thread, to agrivate people, waste their time, them off? Oh, it's just so funny I cannot contain myself. moon.gif

I like stars..

as a sidebar to this post, my wife just adopted a star for me through this association that does that sort of thing, and the most embarrasing thing about getting a gift like that is that I still haven't found it, and totally lying about it to avoid the ensuing guilt trip --- women, gotta lov' em confused.gif

And like I said, "as far as showing disrespect and a lack of responsibility.......lighten up Francis......it was a joke".

The point in posting that garbage is to give the people who like to argue back and forth into infinity something to do. I'm beginning to think that you're one of them. Looks like I'm going to have to start using this program to respond to you from now on. And you're right......it was funny as hell. I'm still laughing. grin.gif

That program was written for people like you that just can't let go and have to keep fighting.

And welcome to my "program", dunce.... in case you hadn't noticed, you're still here doing the hokey-pokey with lil' ol' me. grin.gif

Again, stick to the pictures. Your words don't do much. Hell, even your "program" made you sound like an utterly inept insufficiently_thoughtful_person... not that I would imagine you can even decipher those things you were putting up.

I will go lay a sacrifice at his altar this very evening and pray that he accepts my humblest apologies.

Pah! You're keeping him alive! He'll probably reward ya!

(got Tivo recording Superman and really loving it - watched it as a kid first run. Great fun.)

Keep thinking that chump. lol You're the one who read all those lengthy posts that I made. I didn't even bother reading them. I just had the program spit out several paragraphs and copied and pasted them over. About 5 seconds work for me.

mittelgr037.gif

Deny it all you want MajorKhaos.......but you've been my whipping boy from the beginning. aktion073.gif

lachen002.giflachen002.giflachen002.gif