• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PARATROOPER is in Afghanistan, let's show one of our own some love and SUPPORT !

171 posts in this topic

Just touching base as I haven't had time to post anything of substance lately. I'd also like to thank the wonderful Sha and nocutename for their latest package! I gave about 3/4th of them away to either female soldier and the Medical Aid station. I think I got enough fragranted body soap to where there are no foul smelling women on post any longer! And I am going to watch the latest Supernatural and Smallville episodes because of nocutename! Right after I finish that 1st Season of Lost....damn that show's addictive.

I've also been watching the UFC discs (and there were A LOT) that Andy (thirdgreenham) sent me, made me pretty popular lately.

Just popping in to say this has got to have been the most uneventful birthday I've ever had. At least I got to drive through Baghdad in 2003 on my birthday when I deployed last time. Although, the weather was really nice today. It stayed around 75-80 degrees with a nice cool wind. The Poo Pond smell was even not as strong.

Just found out about this site: http://AnySoldier.com/WhereToSend/

I just signed up. If anyone out there that I've pizzed off doesn't feel like sending me or my soldiers something, but still wants to contribute, there are a ton of soldiers that could use some care packages or even a letter.

Is there anything going on the boards that I've missed? Pressing threads? Flame wars? I'd peruse the site, but it takes me 5 minutes to load each thread.

I thought I'd share this note Vaughn sent (we all know he's shy...;) Ummm..OK, he has limited Computer Access;) He also sent some pictures I'll post.

"I had another rocket attack this morning, my soldiers had to tell me

because I slept through it...I was super tired, damn Taliban trying to

interrupt my sleep time...I won't fall for it bastards!"

Just touching base as I haven't had time to post anything of substance lately. I'd also like to thank the wonderful Sha and nocutename for their latest package! I gave about 3/4th of them away to either female soldier and the Medical Aid station. I think I got enough fragranted body soap to where there are no foul smelling women on post any longer! And I am going to watch the latest Supernatural and Smallville episodes because of nocutename! Right after I finish that 1st Season of Lost....damn that show's addictive.

I've also been watching the UFC discs (and there were A LOT) that Andy (thirdgreenham) sent me, made me pretty popular lately.

Just popping in to say this has got to have been the most uneventful birthday I've ever had. At least I got to drive through Baghdad in 2003 on my birthday when I deployed last time. Although, the weather was really nice today. It stayed around 75-80 degrees with a nice cool wind. The Poo Pond smell was even not as strong.

I just signed up. If anyone out there that I've pizzed off doesn't feel like sending me or my soldiers something, but still wants to contribute, there are a ton of soldiers that could use some care packages or even a letter.

Is there anything going on the boards that I've missed? Pressing threads? Flame wars? I'd peruse the site, but it takes me 5 minutes to load each thread.

Well, The Archie thread was shut down, but the thread about the Special Sgt. Rock Don't Ask, Don't Tell Issue is still up.

Stay safe.

Well, The Archie thread was shut down, but the thread about the Special Sgt. Rock Don't Ask, Don't Tell Issue is still up.

Stay safe.

Thank you for all that you are doing for us. This website is really touching. I'm glad there is an outlet for soldiers to connect to people here. I'm also going to spread the word of this website.

Joanna

Thanks for all the kind words and packages! I am getting bombarded with mail lol I think my unit and the Medical Aid station has a years worth of baby wipes. I found a way to email pics to Sha so she can post them, I send more when I get some cool pictures off Kandahar.

The Manas Prep picture was taken in Manas, Kyrgystan the day before we entered Afghanistan. It was -5 degrees in Manas, and on the same day in Afghanistan it was 80 degrees. That white stuff is snow.

We had some "VIP"s visit Kandahar last month and the thirsty dog was actually a bomb sniffing dog on break. Carried that water bottle in his mouth like that for like an hour, pretty funny.

The Poo Pond picture is the above ground septic system, when I took that picture I almost threw up! I never smelled anything so bad in my life, I'm not kidding.

Talk to ya'll later, I have a meeting to attend...seriously I attend 8 hours worth of meetings a day....sometimes being an Officer blows.

Thanks for all the kind words and packages! I am getting bombarded with mail lol I think my unit and the Medical Aid station has a years worth of baby wipes. I found a way to email pics to Sha so she can post them, I send more when I get some cool pictures off Kandahar.

The Manas Prep picture was taken in Manas, Kyrgystan the day before we entered Afghanistan. It was -5 degrees in Manas, and on the same day in Afghanistan it was 80 degrees. That white stuff is snow.

We had some "VIP"s visit Kandahar last month and the thirsty dog was actually a bomb sniffing dog on break. Carried that water bottle in his mouth like that for like an hour, pretty funny.

The Poo Pond picture is the above ground septic system, when I took that picture I almost threw up! I never smelled anything so bad in my life, I'm not kidding.

Talk to ya'll later, I have a meeting to attend...seriously I attend 8 hours worth of meetings a day....sometimes being an Officer blows.

When I was an enlisted man, I used to say the same thing about officers. :baiting:

Attend all the meetings you have to, just come home safe and sound. Each and every one of you are irreplaceable. Thanks for doing the job you're doing!