• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I HAVE TIRED OF THE COMIC TALK

193 posts in this topic

Okay, so I've studied and studied this first post, I THINK I'm giving a fair translation in the quotes, and what is really meant just after. Feel free to disagree or offer alternate translations, I'm not at all sure I caught all the nuances.

"I'm tired of talking about comic books"

Okay, so the TITLE, at least, makes a reasonable amount of sense.

AND WILL THUS POST ONLY OFFTOPIC FROM HERE ON IN FOR A TIME PERIOD SUCH AS I AM ABLE TO DO SO WITHOUT WANTING TO OFF MYSELF

"I'm going to threadkrap my own threads, and those of anyone else who crosses my path"

I may be suicidal, but at least I'm bored.

PLZ TO FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR OWN CONTRIBUTIONS WHICH WILL NO DOUBT MAKE THIS THREAD THE ALGONQUINEST OF ALL THE THREADS HERE

"Help me to threadkrap my own threads, and those of anyone else who crosses my path"

I have such a high opinion of myself that suicidal or no, I've decided to demean all my fellow threadkrappers by making sarcastic references to the Algonquin Round Table, aka The Vicious Circle, and intimating that there's not a smartarse in the crowd that can hold a candle to my heroine, Dororthy Parker

BY THE WAY I CALL GEORGE S KAUFMAN AND NOMINATE FINGUH FOR THE DOROTHY PARKER ROLE

"I believe I'll take a cheap shot at Finguh"

Finguh whups me hands down for witty and funny, so I'm going to make jokes about his manhood

AS HE IS GIVEN TO LONG SKIRTS AND OVERCONSUMPTION OF CORN SQUEEZINS AS EVIDENCED BY WELL HIS OEUVRE ENTIRE

"I believe I'll call him a drunk and a crossdresser while I'm at it"

I can't hold my liquor

Best I can do without an English/Sal Sal/English dictionary

(Exits stage right, snickering all the while)

end?

i'm doing it wrong then. my pants have been off the whole time.

No, no...leave them on.

It's more fun tearing them off with one's teeth...

Try putting 'em on.

Them zippers is lethal.

:eek:

end?

i'm doing it wrong then. my pants have been off the whole time.

No, no...leave them on.

It's more fun tearing them off with one's teeth...

How do you know Casper thinks that's more fun?

Heaven help me, I just read the whole thread and gestalt has gotten me.

I'm fighting it, but I'M BeiNG AssiMiLATED!!!!

ALL HAIL SAL, LORD OF THE RIVERPANTS!

I'm drunk. But luckily for eveyrone else, I'm still clothes.

:rulez:

You are psychic, hippie. I had a sweet burn all typed out about the bowel studies and then I erased it and and then I saw your edit. So that is better than a real burn because it was an anticipatory burn, like two for flinching. :banana:

Seriously...?

My DOG, man...?

That's low. Even for a southern fried redneck hillbilly such as yourself.

lol

If it lessens the sting,

1. I almost deleted it.

2. It's pretty common in the South; I thought you might just consider the source.

You are psychic, hippie. I had a sweet burn all typed out about the bowel studies and then I erased it and and then I saw your edit. So that is better than a real burn because it was an anticipatory burn, like two for flinching. :banana:

:eyeroll:

Whatever, grasshopper.

:eyeroll:

Whatever, grasshopper.

You can try to snatch the pebble from my hand in Chi-town if you think you have the Shaolin skills.

THREAD IS CONFUSING

IT LEADS ONE TO A DEAD END

I HAVE A HEADACHE

If I had a head like that, it would ache, too. :eek: