• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wondercon report

61 posts in this topic

seank I missed you this time again...I was at Graham Cracker's booth most of the time.

I stopped by on Friday. We may have spoken. I was the guy with the redhead looking for Matt Baker comics.

seank I missed you this time again...I was at Graham Cracker's booth most of the time.

I stopped by on Friday. We may have spoken. I was the guy with the redhead looking for Matt Baker comics.

hm not sure...but Friday, I was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt behind the booth..

hm not sure...but Friday, I was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt behind the booth..
gangster style

gangster style

But he was wearing pajama pants so it sort of cancelled that out.

gangster style

lol

gangster style

lol
lol:insane:

This is by far the stinkiest report I have ever read. rantrant

No Bedrock, No GAtor, Nobody was there. :censored:

Spent all my time with the legendary Jamie Graham, the pumped up, gentle Frank Simmons, and Primmmmmmetime :acclaim:

Lots of fan boys and girls, and less comic book dealers than the year before, but A1 and Graham Crackers did report some large sales. :applause:

Action #3 8K Showcase #4 not sure the price or grade,

Blah blah blah, I bore myself, :whatev:

B

I gave the show a 6.5 rating (Fine+). Heh. I was there almost all day Friday, 1/2 the day Saturday w/ my wife and 1/2 the day Sunday. Picked up some cool books. Met some nice people and dealers. I should have been introducing myself to everyone as a CGC board member, but I think I was just too distracted by the hunt for books! :-)

But, I have to say, I was really suprised/shocked about the laisse faire/aloof/non-customer-friendly attitude by several of the dealers. Sheesh. I was contemplating purchasing some moderately-priced books and several seemed actually bothered by it. One guy's attitude (and he is on this forum) so frustrated me, I turned down a ~$165 purchase outright.

Hope to see people at C2E2. I wish there were pics of everyone that will be there with name and correspoding picture in a "grid-view" kind of format. lol. That way, I would recognize everybody! :-)

Overall, though, it was fun. Here are a few pics. Sorry about the blurryness on some of them.

IMAG0005small.jpg

IMAG0007small.jpg

IMAG0014small.jpg

IMAG0015small.jpg

IMAG0018small.jpg

IMAG0020small.jpg

IMAG0028small.jpg

The show was decent. We sold some big books. All in all the show was a nice warm-up to the SDCC.

Nice to finally meet some of you guys finally.

John! :hi: it was great hangin out this weekend. Sorry you didn't take any of my money lol