• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC SS Forumite book: The World Tour!

562 posts in this topic

I've seen monkey mess fights at the zoo that were more coordinated than this deal. Kudos to everyone involved.

There's people that have kept it for months (literally); if people had shown it a good time, then shipped it off right away, everyone would have had it. I thought two years would be enough, but I guess I should have done it for three. In theory the project sounded very interesting, the book being static takes the fun out of things. Geez for heaven sake, it's been next to a moon rock, in Stan Lee's house, in over the skies of Iraq... C'mon people! Let's get this thing moving...

Here I tried to Recap all the Photos........... Sadly I could not figure out how to Get Chesperito's pics to show and Dan moved his in Photobucket so any help there and it would be cool to have a full recap post.

The adventures....begin, [font:Impact]HERE...[/font]
and [font:Impact]here..[/font]

In the Cockpit of a ferocious UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter........flying over Baghdad...

the girls that got their hands all over it...
aaaaaaand...

the ones that...DIDN'T... :(

Stop #1

Free Comic Book Day at Docking Bay 94 in Deefield Beach Florida.

Got the book yesterday and brought the book to my local comic shop for Free Comic Book Day. I was running Heroclix demos at the store throughout the day

Pic #1 Greg Kirkpatrick (Image Arist) doing free sketches at the shop

DSC04518.jpg

Pic #2 John (Shop Owner) and Sandra (Employee) at the front counter

DSC04520.jpg

Pic #3 Book with some Heroclix

DSC04519.jpg

Pic #4 Hanging out in my comic room

Book.jpg

Pic #5 My two dogs checking it out

book2.jpg

ok guys/gals.... here are my photos. i had a hard time coming up with ideas. sorry its not the most entertaining pictures ever. and this was the best i could come up with on the spot..... the WORLD TOUR BOOK pic was taken with exactly 100 9.8 SKETCHES.

CIMG0886.jpg

here is the WORLD TOUR book with my FENDER JAGSTANG!! this is NOT A REISSUE! this is the original 1996 fender jagstang. the humbucker was replaced with a seymour duncan, exactly how kurt cobain woulda wanted it.

CIMG0884.jpg

here is the WORLD TOUR book with probably the only BLANK HERO HULK INITIATIVE BOOK in existence. (DONT ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS BLANK)

CIMG0885.jpg

First up:

Entrance to Mackey Arena...due to renovations this is as close as I could get...

FlatStanleyComic013.jpg

Next:

The book goes to the moon...kind of...Picture with Purdue's own MOON ROCK!

FlatStanleyComic002.jpg

FlatStanleyComic004.jpg

FlatStanleyComic005.jpg

Next:

Neil Armstrong statue!

FlatStanleyComic006.jpg

FlatStanleyComic008.jpg

FlatStanleyComic007.jpg

The famous Bell Tower!

FlatStanleyComic012.jpg

Unfinished P sculpture:

FlatStanleyComic010.jpg

FlatStanleyComic009.jpg

Gratuitous pics with my collection:

FlatStanleyComic018.jpg

FlatStanleyComic017.jpg

FlatStanleyComic016.jpg

Finally:

One of my proudest moments this year...when the High School speech team I coached placed in the top 3 at Sectionals...we sent 16 individuals to STATE!

FlatStanleyComic019.jpg

PB040098.jpg

proof that the book has safely arrived in Montana... um... yeah... thats my story and i'm sticking to it! :headbang:

Well I got the book a couple days ago... and wanted to get it another certificate... however it didn't really work out... so since Veteren's Day was coming up... I figured Spidey would like to hang with some real Hero's~

PB120003.jpg

PB120004.jpg

PB120006.jpg

PB120005.jpg

...from there its out to the beautiful country side... beginning to head towards winter...

PB130012.jpg

PB130010.jpg

...and then off to Paratrooper...

PB130015.jpg

...thanks for sending the book to me... sorry my pics arn't that exciting... I don't get many dancing girls out here in the sticks lol !!!

:hi:

So here is my Hollywood update to the CGC SS Forumite book: The World Tour

Our friend Paratrooper got this sucker shipped to me right in time for me to bring it with me on my trip to LA. I am still really looking forward to his photos which he mentioned needing to find the time to upload.....

On to our trip. My CAW for this particular Hollywood assignment was the one and only DevilsRain. We set off to get a whole bunch of books signed by The Man and gosh darnit we did! Why not bring our world tour friend with us.

P1010001%282%29.JPG

This was our car. Ya had to go for the upgrade for $25 from a Hyundai.

P1010024.JPG

Hollywood Blvd Baby! A Star is Born!

P1010022.JPG

We saw a creepy homeless suit spiderman and pulled over. D-Rain gave him a $5 tip for this pose and for what he thought was a spiderman pen only to later discover that spiderman sold him an iron man pen!!!!!!! :o Watch out for that homeless suit spiderman!

P1010006.jpg

We went for a drive. Got a good look at the Lay of the Land.

P1010017.JPG

Traveled back in time to visit the LaBrea Tarpits.

P1010007.JPG

We told this kind sir some stories about where this book had been and where it might go. He was nice enough to share a smile! Huge thanks to Mr. Stan Lee! :)

And that concluded the book's tour of Hollywood. DevilsRain and I finished up our trip, realized it was best to put the camera away lol and headed home.

Stay Tuned For Pt 2---Day of Fun in NYC. I will take you drinking with some boardies. :insane:

So I wanted to do a NYC day at the office type update before I send this sucker off on it's journey.

IMG_0556.JPG

Walking into work......before 4am.....

IMG_0557.JPG

Studio and control room. And our friend.

IMG_0558.JPG

This is the view from my desk.

IMG_0559.JPG

Had a seat in the anchor chair.

Took a spin with some of my camera guy buddies Matt and Victor

IMG_0561.JPG

Then we took the book drinking. It had been a loooong day!

IMG_0562.JPG

It got to hang out with a couple of my awesome board member buds!

IMG_0569.JPG

Above

Left to Right

Me, DevilsRain, SecretSon, C-Raider

But I want to post this photo also because C-Raider has a nicer smile here. ;)

IMG_0565.JPG

And that concludes my turn with the World Tour Book. Shipping it off to LBJARM! I hope everyone enjoyed the photos.

Best,

Sean

Ok, got everything squared away at home, I can now focus on uploading some pics.

Here is the photo of the ASM at the infamous "Poo Pond"....the mask did no good...

DSCF0156.jpg

And when I had a spare moment, I'd hang out here:

DSCF0161.jpg

Well I was really hoping that the SLAB would see some SERIOUS Action. But I could not take it to the Jail (Against Policy). So you will get some cool pics, but nothing exciting. Also, I work Narcotics...that's why I don't wear a uniform.

2011-05-16_093727.jpg

Slab got to arrest someone for Suspended DL.. :) Little Asian guy is my co-worker, Noel.

2011-05-16_075034.jpg

Hanging out at the Most Dangerous intersection in Tampa

2011-05-16_092155.jpg

Tampa Police Fallen Officer's Memorial

2011-05-16_093152.jpg

2011-05-16_093208.jpg

Paying respect to my friend and Fallen Officer David Curtis

2011-05-16_093222.jpg

I sent spawnfield a PM with my address but he has not replied, and I have yet to receive anything from him. It's always possible that he sent it without letting me know and it will show up in the next few days.
It's on its way to Canada as we speak... ;)

Sorry got so busy over the christmas season at work that I completely forgot I had it, and I should have mailed it awhile ago, it was mailed yesterday finally, my first non Sunday off, please don't let this reflect how I am, I would love to be part of something like this again

I am happy to hear that is has actually been shipped out.

Hopefully people will take the responsibility of the CGC SS Forumite book: The World Tour more seriously from here on out.

I don't remember who came after me, so if no one else claims that they were next it's yours. (thumbs u

Send me your address and you'll get it in a few weeks.

Address sent! If I am next, I promise to take photos and mail it off in a timely fashion. (thumbs u

If I can get on the list for Ohio I can get some good pics of this at the Wright Patt Air Force Base.

Also not enough hot chicks, hook me up with it and I will get some pics of it with a bunch of strippers from the biggest strip club in Ohio Diamonds. I will try to keep the pics rated R or less. :)

Hell I can check and see if Dave Chappelle is still up in Yellow Springs with the family and if available snap some pics of him doing crazy things with it. He is by far the coolest famous person I have ever gotten to know and help out over the years at my old job.