• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! Is this seller for real?

182 posts in this topic

And another thing fishy about that zero feedback bidder that bid on three of his previous high dollar books and didn't pay.........he's been a registered member since August 15, 2001 and has no feedback........no positives or negatives.

Strange for someone bidding on three major books like that from one seller and then not following through with the transaction.

And you notice he relisted these books with a minimum bid that is HIGHER than the winning bid from the previous auctions. This seems to suggest that he wasn't satisfied with the dollar amount the books realized before.

Check it out............here's the link again

Previous and Current eBay auctions for essoilman

VERY SUSPICIOUS. mad.gif

Hey Supa;

Don't let him get to you. He is a legend in his own mind, as can be clearly seen when he makes statements like

If I come off as high and mighty at least I've earned that right by adhering to these high standards.

He makes statements like this somewhat regularly. In one thread, he claimed that he had done things "That would make every guy on these boards envious". So while he can be a source of great irritation, as a boil on the posterior might, he also provides great comedy relief with statements like those mentioned above. I have come to the conclusion that he is best left ignored.

Phil

the "buyer" on those three books, -the one that backed out on 13k+ of books without getting negged by essoilman; has only five bids to his credit. the three winners he backed out of, one other book of "essoilman's" that he lost on the same day and a spidey 3 a couple of days later (no connection to essoilman)

bid history

I don't know what any of this means. Could just be a thrill bidder out to sink essoilman. Who knows? It does look like fun for the conspiracy theorists among us. I know that much.

Phil, what you think means less than nothing to me. So let's do each other a favor and stay out each other's way. There's no need to poison every thread with this pointless sniping. And stop taking my quotes out of context - the next line in that quote was about how many other people also adhere to similarly high standards. I didn't single myself out as the Patron Saint of eBay Sellers.

As for making the comment about things that would make people envious, that was probably uncalled for (though probably true - if you guys only knew half of what I've been up to the past few years...) I don't think it would take much to impress a self-professed loser who has stated on this Board that he didn't feel worthy of his wife and kids (among other things, such as what was said in your posts about your height). While that might have been somewhat tongue-in-cheek, your woe-is-me self-deprecating character doesn't lead me to believe you've exactly done a whole lot with your own life, which is probably why you keep attacking mine.

Gene

Hey spidermanbeyond and mudbuddha,

Look at the essoilman auction that he didn't win. It looks like the bid he placed on it was because the bidding had gone stagnant. The auction hadn't received a bid for almost a full day and was EXTEMELY low for that book.

And the bids he placed on someone elses auction for the spider-man #3 9.2 were VERY low. They ended up being $1400 and $1800 less than the high bid at the end of the auction and that high bid still didn't meet the reserve.

Looks MORE and MORE suspicious to me as I find out more details. mad.gif

As for making the comment about things that would make people envious, that was probably uncalled for (though probably true - if you guys only knew half of what I've been up to the past few years...)

Hehe, see Supa? He did it again, funny stuff isn't it?

I don't think it would take much to impress a self-professed loser who has stated on this Board that he didn't feel worthy of his wife and kids (among other things, such as what was said in your posts about your height).

You can pick at me all you want, but when you make unprovoked attacks on others here, I have a problem with it.

Phil, what you think means less than nothing to me.

You quote me? I am less than flattered.

While that might have been somewhat tongue-in-cheek, your woe-is-me self-deprecating character doesn't lead me to believe you've exactly done a whole lot with your own life, which is probably why you keep attacking mine.

Newsflash: I don't attack you. I respond to your attacks of others.

I am satisfied enough with what I have done with my life. Since you are so interested, I will fill you in. I run my own business. It is a relatively small computer business. I have a very loyal customer base, and I wouldn't trade a single one of my customers.

The way I look at it, it is you who are dissatisfied with your existence. That may be why you feel the need to blow your own horn so much around here. Generally, people who are happy with their lives are secure enough that they do not need to desperately try to impress others, especially virtual strangers.

Maybe it would help if you actually took a minute to read your post before you post it, and imagine that it was ME who wrote it. That would give you a pretty good idea just how it comes across.

Phil

Hey guys.......I'm all for trashing a thread.........believe me, I have fun doing it myself. But we're trying to help someone in here that just spent $9,000 on a book and thinks he may have been cheated. Any chance we can go crash a different thread. I'll even go help you. grin.gif

Hey Bugaboo, I'll leave it alone after two short bullets to dear Phil:

Newsflash: I don't attack you. I respond to your attacks of others.

Most of my "attacks" are defensive in nature. Supa baited me with that drama queen/gossip hag name-calling. So sue me for falling for it. And, BTW, you're the one who ambushed me out of nowhere on this thread.

The way I look at it, it is you who are dissatisfied with your existence.

You don't know me for jack so leave your pop-psych tools back wherever you found them. Not only am I not "dissatisfied with my existence", but I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's on this Board, least of all yours.

Gene

You're welcome spidermanbeyond. I'm not trying to say that there has been any funny business going on for certain........but it certainly does look very very suspicious.

The general feeling in here seems to think that you got the book at about what it was worth or maybe for even a little less..........and you don't seem to mind the stamp on the back cover.

However, I can understand your frustration if you could have had the book for almost a thousand dollars less.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, how exactly are you approaching the seller with this latest info, SpidermanBeyond? I'm sure we're all very interested in knowing for future reference in dealing with this guy.

Gene

You and me both Gene. smile.gif

Hey spidermanbeyond......I think this is just going to have to be a judgement call on your part for this one.

It seems like a fair price for the book and if you really really want it, you could just go ahead and complete the transaction.

However, if you just can't get the bad taste out of your mouth, I'd almost say you have enough to cancel the transaction.

What does everyone else think???

Most of my "attacks" are defensive in nature

People here do not blindly attack every poster. You have obviously ruffled more than a few feathers here, and you are now reaping what you sowed.

you're the one who ambushed me out of nowhere on this thread.

Uh huh, after I saw you jump all over Supa. I bet if you just think about it for a minute, you might figure out why he asked if you were a drama queen.

You don't know me for jack so leave your pop-psych tools back wherever you found them.

I don't think so Tim. You don't get to make assumptions about me, while I quietly say nothing in return.

but I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's on this Board, least of all yours.

Maybe ... Maybe not.

Phil

You're right, it is a tough call. On the one hand, you were willing to pay $9,000 (or more) for the book and some of the more obvious shill bidding signs (as noted by Joanna) were not present. On the other hand, further investigation has uncovered some evidence that looks very damning.

If I were in SpideyBeyond's shoes, I would probably confront the seller (as politely as possible) with the circumstantial evidence and try to agree amicably on a lower price (either $8,000 or splitting the difference to $8,500) or breaking the sale. And then I would never deal with the guy again. Life is too short to have to deal with entanglements like this.

Gene

P.S. - Life is also too short to have to deal with people like Snizzenfixit...Phil, get off this thread already if you have nothing relevant to add. I'm not going to respond to your latest round of attacks. You got the last word.

I don't know, Spidermanbeyond, placed a proxy bid of over 9,000 dollars. Sometimes you just have to live with what you bid. There may or may not be a shill bidder..but the fact remains, if someone else bid it up to 9,000 dollars..Spidermanbeyond would be paying 9,000 dollars, not negotiating for a lower price b/c the guy below him may or may not have actually wanted to buy the book.

Brian