• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clash Of The Titans!

66 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the 3D effects for the battle with Medusa serpent but overall the Jason and the Argonauts dvd is more emotionally satisfying. Never watched the original Clash of the Titans movie (with that actor from TV's L.A. Law) or dvd so can't compare to that. :popcorn:

The movie was good. 3-d FX were good. I enjoyed the movie. They changed the plot from the original, but still it was worth seeing on the big screen. My problems with it, and all movies now, including some television shows (Spartacus for one) is that after 300 came out, it seems that every movie has the same guy doing fight choreography. I guess its matrix syndrome or something. . .

Overall, definitely worth seeing, but not as good as the original (Ray Harryhausen Rules!)

Just my 2 cents.

The movie was good. 3-d FX were good. I enjoyed the movie. They changed the plot from the original, but still it was worth seeing on the big screen. My problems with it, and all movies now, including some television shows (Spartacus for one) is that after 300 came out, it seems that every movie has the same guy doing fight choreography. I guess its matrix syndrome or something. . .

Overall, definitely worth seeing, but not as good as the original (Ray Harryhausen Rules!)

Just my 2 cents.

+1 :applause:

Good movie, though. I enjoyed it.

I thought it was awful.

Try Jason and the Argonauts on dvd. Interesting plot and chessgame btwn Zeus and his wife playing with mortal men's lives. No pretty-boy demi-gods here. Advanced for the the time Harryhausen effects on the flying :banana: Harpies, Talos statue, skeleton army.

Just my 2 cents.

Ray Harryhausen (worship)

^^

(Me) (worship):preach: (Ray Harryhausen)

Ok, I'm fairly easy to appease when it comes to action/epic movies. And I am usually never one to post more than a sentence about a movie on the Boards.

BUT this movie was about as cool as finding a pube in my salad at a restaurant!

I was reading some reviews from some Chi-Town critics right AFTER I bought tix for my Brother in Law to see a 3-D showing in a couple hours. At the time I laughed my butt off, but the guy was spot on in my opinion.

He said, "Watching this movie in 3-D was like watching it through 3 feet of bong water!" He went on to say it was not filmed in 3-D and they decided to outsource it after Avatar (Not a fan of the political innuendos but a BIG fan of the computer animation it demonstrated and the quality of the 3-D effects) made a killing. Well I learned, to never see a movie where this happens. After about 20 minutes into the flick I couldn't agree more! (worship)

IT WAS HORRID! Someone please tell me what parts had TRUE 3-D. (shrug)

I kid you not I took my glasses off in less than 20 minutes into the movie. I realized a huge portion of the movie I did not even need them. All I noticed was it corrected the blurryness at times when the attempted 3-D conversion was being demonstrated while wearing them. I thought the only 3-D of any trueness was at the very end when the cheesy part of Pegusus flew into the camera as it ended. Even that was sub par.

Besides the brutal 3-D, I thought the story was not great by any means. I personally liked the original way better and animation was on par! I just saw the Ol tried and true Jason and the Argonauts last night and I again liked that a lot more than this movie.

My Brother in Law and I concurred that we were very disappointed. However we did agree that we would have not been as disgruntle if we saw the NON 3-D version. We felt that the only "+" about seeing it, was the the new trailers for Iron Man 2 and Robin Hood. (thumbs u (I don't feel another Robin Hood is needed, but I have always been very entertained with any movie Crowe has signed on for.)

Are we totally off our rockers for our opinions? :popcorn:

I thought it was awful.

Try Jason and the Argonauts on dvd. Interesting plot and chessgame btwn Zeus and his wife playing with mortal men's lives. No pretty-boy demi-gods here. Advanced for the the time Harryhausen effects on the flying :banana: Harpies, Talos statue, skeleton army.

Exactly! (thumbs u

Not when they make 61 million over a weekend doh!

This is why we have critics people. I think most of them said is was Just Okay, not that great.

You are correct, but I have seen and ENJOYED many an "Okay" movie according to critics. I was led rogue by their tomfoolery this go-round!

This abortion was Battlefield Earth awful.

I am definitely glad i snuck into the new Polanski joint Ghost Writer to wipe the afterimage of this steaming pile from my brain.

The Three screenwriters, Producer and Director need to be sacrificed to the Kraken this movie sucked so bad,

The story of Perseus is THOUSANDS of years old. Why muck with it?

MYTH IS STORY STRUCTURE! Why change it around?

Perseus talks with an Australian accent the whole time... What a hoot! and Sam Worthington played him as a wussy! Not one of the gretest Heroes of all of Greek lore. (Who would have though that I'd ever sing the praises of Harry Hamlin? doh! )

Io (the golden cow girl) is made Perseus' love interest after a half-assed attempt at acting like a Greek Chorus (following the action around and trying to explain the events of this muddled slop-heap to the audience) who is then magically resurrected (and no i dont give a rat's arse about spoiling anything. If anything i will save some innocent filmgoer's sanity by convincing them not to see the film) by a hare-brained Zeus. ANDROMEDA was the bride of Perseus. Io was just some broad that Zeus banged and turned into a cow afterwards.

I read in one reviewer's writing that "the actors wore beards so they could hide their shame at being in the film for a big payday..."

The whole man vs the Gods theme was trite and unbelievable.

Hades being the main antagonist and flying around like a vampire was unbelievable.

The rich Lore of Greek Mythology was IGNORED and a misbegotten claptrap of a film was made just to showcase the effects and it failed at that!

The Kraken looked like they stole the animation of the Cave Troll from LOTR, added some tentacles, and threw him in the water.

What about the Djinn? Hmm we dont have any CGI good guys so why dont we steal a design from one of George Lucas' space aliens and give em a middle eastern theme because they are in the desert! Mebbe they will understand why Frenchmen are so ticked off that Muslims are taking over their country!!!

Harryhausen should be rolling over in his GRAVE due to the comparison of his liveaction scorpions to the New CGI hunks of doo...

Joseph Campbell is ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE due to this heretical non-depiction of the Heroes Journey (not that any of the filmmakers ever read the book...)

and dont get me started about Pegasus.

I am violently and creatively offended by this movie. :frustrated:

CLASH OF THE TITANS REMAKE IS A DOG'S BREAKFAST!

Movies like this could kill the 3D cash cow

This film was not produced to be 3D. It was converted after the Producers sensed they could make more of a cash grab by trotting out this Pig in a Flashy 3-d Blanket, and after seeing how much Avatar raked in.

Did you see how much advertising for this film there was in the month prior to its release?

Whenever you see so many commercials prior to the release of a movie (and so much cash pumped into its pre-release ad campaign) there is a good chance that it may be a Turkey.

The Producers want to grab as much gold as they can before word of mouth starts getting around and sinks the Box Office take.

3D will not be killed. I bet Marvel is already producing their next big epics in 3D