• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicconnect Auction prices

52 posts in this topic

Any know what the last bid was for the AA #16 and Flash Comics #1? Thanks

AA 16 $15K

well, given that I bid like 26k on the AA 16, that is incorrect...but I didn't meet reserve (but was high bidder in the mid to high 20's, just don't recall)...once I don't meet reserve, I tend to give up...

had these books of not had reserves, I would have bid more aggressively

I think I bid like 14Kish on the Flash 1 (also didn't meet reserve) so maybe that is the 15K you are thinking of (shrug)

AA 16 $15K

well, given that I bid like 26k on the AA 16, that is incorrect...but I didn't meet reserve (but was high bidder in the mid to high 20's, just don't recall)...once I don't meet reserve, I tend to give up...

I think I bid like 14Kish on the Flash 1 (also didn't meet reserve) so maybe that is the 15K you are thinking of (shrug)

i'm just going by the results (shrug)

AA 16 $15K

:gossip: that is AA 61, not AA 16 (thumbs u

dear GAtor,

Do you think the big collector investment $$ is flowing from the UK or Canada for key GA now? Seems like the US greenback is in the toilet compared to other world currencies.

e.g. Superman #1 Cgc hammers at $30k US on par with $30k Cdn. Used to be 1.50 (or worse 1.61) exchange rate. "Look honey, I just saved us $15k Cdn on this eBay/cConnect/HA.com snipe. Sounds good dear, now go out and buy me that BMW you promised me." :slapfight:

AA 16 $15K

oops! doh!:sorry:

dear GAtor,

Do you think the big collector investment $$ is flowing from the UK or Canada for key GA now? Seems like the US greenback is in the toilet compared to other world currencies.

e.g. Superman #1 Cgc hammers at $30k US on par with $30k Cdn. Used to be 1.50 (or worse 1.61) exchange rate. "Look honey, I just saved us $15k Cdn on this eBay/cConnect/HA.com snipe. Sounds good dear, now go out and buy me that BMW you promised me." :slapfight:

I know for a fact that many overseas currencies are being used to purchase books, for just the reason you mentioned, the exchange rate...

now, is it on these 6 and 7 figure sales, only time will tell if the new owners become known hm

AA 16 $15K

:foryou:

dear GAtor,

Have you actually looked at exchange rates lately, because you seem to be in a 2008 timewarp. The Pound is actually one of those rare currencies that is in the toilet compared to the USD, and the Euro is well off its highs. The Loonie, Aussie Dollar and Yen continue to be strong against the USD, but still are off their highs.

My personal impression is that the big inflow of funds from European and British collectors has tapered off from the 2005-2008 time frame, and I haven`t heard of any big Canadian or Aussie inflow taking their place.

dear GAtor,

Have you actually looked at exchange rates lately, because you seem to be in a 2008 timewarp. The Pound is actually one of those rare currencies that is in the toilet compared to the USD, and the Euro is well off its highs. The Loonie, Aussie Dollar and Yen continue to be strong against the USD, but still are off their highs.

My personal impression is that the big inflow of funds from European and British collectors has tapered off from the 2005-2008 time frame, and I haven`t heard of any big Canadian or Aussie inflow taking their place.

I know 1koko and I have discussed this in detail, that it was so MUCH cheaper for him to spend 60K US on a comic a few years ago, and that was like the equivalent of 45k (or however it worked out)...

but I do know of many collectors "abroad" buying comics now (higher ticketed books) that didn't consider before due to exchange rate... so, timewarp or not, I still see it (thumbs u

Nothing new here, just wanted to reiterate how much I dislike Comicconect's bidding system. Too much potential to bid against the house when the house knows your max bid. Dislike Pedigree for the same reason.

I think this exact thing happened to me on my auction. Auction was about to end for much less than my max bid and then all of a sudden 5 extra mins added and it ends up 10 dollars under my max.... hm

did the action #2 sell?
yep, it was over 19K reserve met last I checked it (we both sold it too cheap doh! )

is there a way i can view the final sale price?

you sold it well. i sold it WAY too cheap doh!

AA 16 $15K

thanks for the info. I sure wished that CC would leave the final hammer price for the lots that were unsold.

did the action #2 sell?
yep, it was over 19K reserve met last I checked it (we both sold it too cheap doh! )

is there a way i can view the final sale price?

you sold it well. i sold it WAY too cheap doh!

How cheap did you guys sell?

I think CC posts results after the entire auction is over..... (shrug)

But if the lot didnt meet reserve, it shows the starting bid at $1

I don't pay much/any attention to bids that don't meet reserve as many people don't bid or bid differently when there's a reserve.

AA 16 $15K

thanks for the info. I sure wished that CC would leave the final hammer price for the lots that were unsold.

What's weird is in my list of items that I bid on, some items that failed to meet reserve will still stay in my list, and others won't.