• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turok Son of Stone Collecting Thread !!
2 2

374 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, pemart1966 said:

As opposed to selling it and upgrading?

It's hard to upgrade a FC #596, there are not many copies available.

A CGC 9.2 copy was offered on eBay in 2020 and sold instantly at the BIN price of.. $2,021... what a steal.. I wish I had seen it before it sold :cry:

14 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

It's hard to upgrade a FC #596, there are not many copies available.

A CGC 9.2 copy was offered on eBay in 2020 and sold instantly at the BIN price of.. $2,021... what a steal.. I wish I had seen it before it sold :cry:

Yes it is.

As I recall there weren't any #1's in the Random House archives sale and there may not have been any of a few of those low numbers either.  Do you have specific details?

Edited by pemart1966

21 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

Yes it is.

As I recall there weren't any #1's in the Random House archives sale and there may not have been any of a few of those low numbers either.  Do you have specific details?

My #2 is a former CGC 8.5 that was labelled as a file copy but no mention of Random House though.

I don't know about specifics of the sale on the #1 9.2, just what you can find on GPA site, sorry

23 hours ago, pickycollector said:

Are you serious?  That's insanely low! 

A1 Comics had a 9.4 copy, which they were asking a huge amount for.  I want to say $14k or so.  But I was still ready to pull the trigger until Brian told me it had been pressed.

On 4/18/2021 at 12:50 PM, pickycollector said:

My #2 is a former CGC 8.5 that was labelled as a file copy but no mention of Random House though.

I don't know about specifics of the sale on the #1 9.2, just what you can find on GPA site, sorry

I was referring to the lack of early number file copy issues in the Random House sale the closer you got to number 1.

I recall someone telling me that the lower the number the less copies there were and in some cases there was none.

As this was the first title I ever purchased and took home, I want a few of them around. Here's a new one, and it was a little pricey, but man is it a pretty copy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

FKhB0hz.jpg

I had sold (gave away) my entire Turok, Son Of Stone collection on the bay. Now, several years later, I've decided to attempt to build another set. It will never be what I had, but oh well, the search is a fun challenge. I sometimes wonder if I've completely lost my mind? :p

Edited by Artifiction

On 7/19/2021 at 9:15 AM, jimjum12 said:
On 7/19/2021 at 8:54 AM, tth2 said:

Me too!  GK Tarzan and Turok!

hm  A Turok movie could be cool. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yeah, but a movie in which the main characters run around killing lots and lots of dinosaurs could never be made today.

However, a movie in which Native American main characters run around protecting dinosaurs?  It could fly. 

On 7/19/2021 at 5:43 PM, Artifiction said:

I had sold (gave away) my entire Turok, Son Of Stone collection on the bay. Now, several years later, I've decided to attempt to build another set. It will never be what I had, but oh well, the search is a fun challenge. I sometimes wonder if I've completely lost my mind? :p

The good news is most aren't expensive, so shouldn't be too hard for you to reassemble a collection.

On 7/19/2021 at 10:22 AM, tth2 said:

Yeah, but a movie in which the main characters run around killing lots and lots of dinosaurs could never be made today.

Maybe if they were not actually killed, and just sent back through the portal from which they came?

On 7/19/2021 at 10:23 AM, tth2 said:

The good news is most aren't expensive, so shouldn't be too hard for you to reassemble a collection.

Problem is that they have to grade 9.4 or higher. 9.2 or possibly 8.5 for the Dell and Four Color issues. 

Edited by Artifiction