• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turok Son of Stone Collecting Thread !!
2 2

374 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2021 at 6:21 PM, jimjum12 said:

As this was the first title I ever purchased and took home, I want a few of them around. Here's a new one, and it was a little pricey, but man is it a pretty copy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

FKhB0hz.jpg

Beautiful. Looks like the copy that I had. :cry:

On 7/19/2021 at 10:22 AM, tth2 said:

Yeah, but a movie in which the main characters run around killing lots and lots of dinosaurs could never be made today.

However, a movie in which Native American main characters run around protecting dinosaurs?  It could fly. 

Uh...wasn't that "Jurassic Park" and its spinoffs?

On 7/20/2021 at 4:34 AM, pemart1966 said:

Uh...wasn't that "Jurassic Park" and its spinoffs?

Jurassic Park and its spin-offs were another era.

Check out how many dinosaurs are actually killed by people in "Jurassic World".  

On 7/19/2021 at 8:39 PM, tth2 said:

Jurassic Park and its spin-offs were another era.

Check out how many dinosaurs are actually killed by people in "Jurassic World".  

Jurassic Park and its sequels are close enough to "today" to meet my definition.

Turok could be done and be spectacular.  

As I've said elsewhere - Gold Key Mighty Samson would be one that I'd love to see.  Image all of those creatures brought to life!

Edited by pemart1966

Just arrived, today. It's an ebay purchase, and it actually looks a little better than I had expected! I know one thing, I need to get some larger mylars and backing boards. It's a little scary trying to stuff these bad boys into a SA sized.

img20210821_14270436.jpg

Edited by Artifiction

Thanks, jimjum :foryou:

As far as mylars go, I like E Gerber products, and I'm wondering what size bags and boards I should get to house these Dell Turoks? I hate when the fit is so tight that I have to bounce the bag on a table to get the book and board into it. Any recommendations on sizes? Maybe go with an 8X10 1/2 Mylite-4 with full back? 8 3/4X11 1/2? 

You want GA for those... not the SA bags. I'm like you, nothing worse than damaging a nice book with a bad bag choice. There are a few dealers that I won't mention... they grade and price perfectly, but it seems their intention is for no one to ever remove it again... I'll cut a book out of a tight bag if I have to. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

Only two to worry about. Going to cut a side off of each of the mylars to relieve some pressure. Should work until I get what I need.

1192235560_DSCF0537(2).thumb.JPG.8ecc955604731753c76416fd351fd72d.JPG

On 8/21/2021 at 10:17 PM, tth2 said:

I'm cringing just reading this.

GA books should go into GA mylars.

Had the same problem with silver age books. My record/LP mylars are the same, tight fitting. They're all Gerber mylars. I've never experienced the issue when using Mylites so I think I'll stick with using them.

Edited by Artifiction

On 3/24/2022 at 12:06 AM, tth2 said:

I have it on good authority that a lot of Turoks will be coming to Heritage in a few months.

Please post to this thread when that starts happening - much appreciated.