• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can buy only 1 KEY - Which is it? SC22 or JIM 83

48 posts in this topic

I'm a huge Captain America fan and the books I want for my set are now complete.

I also collect SA Green Lantern & Thor.

What would you buy? Showcase 22 5.0-6.0 CGC or JIM #83 6.0 CGC ? I'm thinking the prices would be similar +/- a few hundred dollars. Also, I know the SC 22 have a lot of tan-ow pages out there. Does the grade matter most and/or the page quality? I plan to keep the books for a long time, but could always sell to upgrade down the road.

These are the grades I'm looking to buy since I lost out on a JIM 7.5 on Comic Connect the other day by $200. I then picked up my A#4 from a boardie. So my budget is now limited.

I see in the CGC census there have been a lot less SC22 graded than the JIM 83.

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Thanks.

simple, which character do you like more...Thor or GL?

most SC22 are cream to ow (very few "tan") and those cream to ow are the "norm" so view them as you would an ow JIM 83 (probably exist in about same ratio)...

I am very partial to both,but I do think the Showcase #22 wins out as far as scarcity and potential growth.Really if you picked either would you be any less happy to have a cool grail book,it's a win win. ^^

Looks like JIM is the winner so far in your opinions. I wish I could get both right now. I don't mind the lower grades to own both, but I always seem to upgrade. When I upgrade, the price on the higher grade books go up a lot more in a year or 2. It makes me wish I just bought the higher grade in the 1st place and playing catch up $ wise blows.

I believe SC22 is in a consolidation phase right now but will pop in the near future.

JIM83 has enjoyed a tremendous run up in the last couple years. From an investment perspective I think SC22 is the better short term play but JIM83 is the

proven long term winner.

Personally, I like the JIM83 better, a classic Marvel cover but as stated by many Board members they both are a good choice.