• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which will be the best long term investment: Tecs or Actions?

283 posts in this topic

In the light of the recent million dollars sales of Action1 & Tec27 at Heritage and Comic Connect: which title will have the most going for it in the years to come?

Do we see an upward trend or a decline? Or status quo?

the d.c. geeks on the boards think only the boy-less hero 'tecs are any good, whereas there is no "cap" on the action run, other than their innate shiddyness. action probably the way to go.

and speaking of the innate s'ness of the d.c.'s, let me tell y'all that that trait notwithstanding, i am ALL OVER a d.c. coming up for sale in the next few days---i want it so, so badly [it's an adverb, g.a.tor---it's like you saying you want it "so, so bad."].

Both titles and heroes are rock solid and will probably always be neck and neck. You can't go wrong sinking money into a Tec 27 or Action 1 or a Tec 31 or Action 7...nothing is for sure but the trends in pop culture, scarcity of these books, and demand of these books should, in theory, continue to result in good returns (thumbs u I prefer Bat over Supes, but that's just me (and I'm a Timely guy) :grin:

Both titles and heroes are rock solid and will probably always be neck and neck. You can't go wrong sinking money into a Tec 27 or Action 1 or a Tec 31 or Action 7...nothing is for sure but the trends in pop culture, scarcity of these books, and demand of these books should, in theory, continue to result in good returns (thumbs u I prefer Bat over Supes, but that's just me (and I'm a Timely guy) :grin:

Well said and you can add the pre-superman series supe covers and pre-robbin tecs.

Well said and you can add the pre-superman series supe covers and pre-robbin tecs.

I can't say Pre-Bat Tecs are as solid though..there is a smaller pool of collectors for those books. They are cool, but prices are not super strong lately on them.

Agreed and agreed. Superman and Batman are the two most known characters of the GA and are of course American icons. Which series is a better investment? I do not know. Both are equally drawing. I would have to say that no matter what the early Action Superman covers (1,7,10,13,15,17,19) and the Pre-Robins (27-37) will never cease to be on high demand. And thus prices should continue to rise, forever........

The early Actions and Bats are my favorite couple of issues from the GA I think.

I can't say Pre-Bat Tecs are as solid though..there is a smaller pool of collectors for those books. They are cool, but prices are not super strong lately on them.

Really? I didn't think those would ever cool off. Are prices leveling out, or are people just not moving those books as much?

(hi Ben!)

Really? I didn't think those would ever cool off. Are prices leveling out, or are people just not moving those books as much?

(hi Ben!)

:hi: Ryan!! From what I have seen in the past 2 years, leveling off...The Church copy of Tec 12 went for a soft price in a HA last year...I can't recall the price...maybe $17k? In general, seems like more price resistance for Pre Bat Tecs...

(hi Ben!)

I meant pre-robbin bat tecs...primetime. Regarding those early pre-batman tecs...they had tremendous growth in the 80's and 90's which I always dream of owning when I was a teenage boy.

Agreed and agreed. Superman and Batman are the two most known characters of the GA and are of course American icons. Which series is a better investment? I do not know. Both are equally drawing. I would have to say that no matter what the early Action Superman covers (1,7,10,13,15,17,19) and the Pre-Robins (27-37) will never cease to be on high demand. And thus prices should continue to rise, forever........

The early Actions and Bats are my favorite couple of issues from the GA I think.

Action 15,17,19 are great also. (thumbs u

(hi Ben!)

I meant pre-robbin bat tecs...primetime. Regarding those early pre-batman tecs...they had tremendous growth in the 80's and 90's which I always dream of owning when I was a teenage boy.

yep, and I gave my 2c on Pre Bat Tecs...I used to own a # 8 and # 18--great covers, but when it came down to owning a Pre Robin or Pre Bat, it was no contest.

the d.c. geeks on the boards think only the boy-less hero 'tecs are any good, whereas there is no "cap" on the action run, other than their innate shiddyness. action probably the way to go.

and speaking of the innate s'ness of the d.c.'s, let me tell y'all that that trait notwithstanding, i am ALL OVER a d.c. coming up for sale in the next few days---i want it so, so badly [it's an adverb, g.a.tor---it's like you saying you want it "so, so bad."].

lol

Funny, but kind of true. Actions are pretty cool, the Superman covers for sure, up to a certain point then they get pretty lame. I have little to no interest in the "adventrure" covers that don't feature Supes. However, if one from the set I owned years ago came my way I'd buy it.

But having said that, I'd take any of the Tecs with a Batman cover up to, and including 38, over any Action except #1. I have never seen prices stall on those books. And they are so blamed cool!