• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

for some reason my above post had to be ok'd by a moderator and didn't post hence my pm to you 

I wonder if the mods have some new form of censorship because the word C@@S was in the post...that's odd.

Edited by VintageComics

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

for some reason my above post had to be ok'd by a moderator and didn't post hence my pm to you 

OK, I just typed in a reply and used the name for the other grading company and my post was 'Hidden' as well, likely waiting to be approved by the mods.

It's sitting just above this one but in red and I'm betting only I can see it.

Looks like they have a new censor installed that prevents people from naming the competition until the mods approve the post.

Personally, I think it's silly that you can't name them.

Edited by VintageComics

6 minutes ago, paul747 said:

DID A Hulk #1` 9.0 Just sell for 300 grand?

Vincent from Metro said he sold one for $300K

Metro must have sold it in May as that is what GPA is showing.

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Comic mylars on Ebay has 8 copies for sale.  hard for me to get excited about a book when one guy has 8 for sale 

Yeah, thats his business model, hoards them then sell them.  Lives 15 minutes from me

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Comic mylars on Ebay has 8 copies for sale.  hard for me to get excited about a book when one guy has 8 for sale 

In 1991, I went to a comic con in Kansas City $300 in my pocket and the very highest of hopes.

I sought The Grail. Fantastic Four #1.

I found a copy at Motor City's gigantic booth, but it was high grade and way beyond my means. I almost walked away, but instead sheepishly asked to see it. As the guy grabbed it, I could see that it was not one copy, but a stack of FF 1s! I went thru them slowly, highest grade to lowest, and at the very bottom was a copy at $240. Mine!

What's my point? That was the most excited I ever got about a comic book, and it was the worst of seven copies!  :banana:

Edited by KirbyJack
-

54 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

In 1990, I went to a comic con in Kansas City $300 in my pocket and the very highest of hopes.

I sought The Grail. Fantastic Four #1.

I found a copy at Motor City's gigantic booth, but it was high grade and way beyond my means. I almost walked away, but instead sheepishly asked to see it. As the guy grabbed it, I could see that it was not one copy, but a stack of FF 1s! I went thru them slowly, highest grade to lowest, and at the very bottom was a copy at $240. Mine!

What's my point? That was the most excited I ever got about a comic book, and it was the worst of seven copies!  :banana:

Too funny...I had a similar story with them. It was my 1st trip to Heroes Con, probably the summer of '92, and I was at their booth and asked to see their Hulk #1. The guy said, "Which one?" and handed me a stack of them. I freaked out! They were all still too expensive for me (or so I thought), so I didn't pick one up but it was pretty cool to hold like a dozen copies.

27 minutes ago, alexander gross said:

there's not too much info about eastern file copy covers out there. any knowledge about what these are? 

For several early 60s Marvels, there were unused and uncut covers.  Some were hand-trimmed and married to interiors.  Since they were never circulated onto the newsstand, many of the covers are spectacular examples completely free of dirt or smudges and sporting brilliant cover inks.

Here's an example I used to own.  The store owner I bought it from trimmed the cover and stapled it to an interior.

JIM84tif.JPG

Edited by namisgr

7 minutes ago, namisgr said:

For several early 60s Marvels, there were unused and uncut covers.  Some were hand-trimmed and married to interiors.  Since they were never circulated onto the newsstand, many of the covers are spectacular examples completely free of dirt or smudges and sporting brilliant cover inks.

Here's an example I used to own.  The store owner I bought it from trimmed the cover and stapled it to an interior.

JIM84tif.JPG

You're the man on the boards to go to on this topic.  I've seen you discussed in full detail behind the whole thing

That Hulk #1 married cover has the same look of being never circulated.  I bet it's the same copy that Mark Wilson's old company World's Finest Comics sold as part of a Hulk #1-6 'file copy cover' set back in the nineties.

"I've seen you discussed in full detail behind the whole thing"  ???

Edited by namisgr

55 minutes ago, namisgr said:

That Hulk #1 married cover has the same look of being never circulated.  I bet it's the same copy that Mark Wilson's old company World's Finest Comics sold as part of a Hulk #1-6 'file copy cover' set back in the nineties.

"I've seen you discussed in full detail behind the whole thing"  ???

I meant to say you've discussed about eastern file copies on this thread and other threads, as far back as 10 years ago or so if i remember correctly