• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Club
18 18

997 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:11 PM, ThothAmon said:

Census has 8 universal 9.4 and one 9.6. Does anyone know when the 9.6 was graded?

Very early in CGC's existence.  It's the Western Penn copy, owned by Tom Brulato.

Amazing that after all this time it's still the only 9.6.

I plan to buy a low mid grade copy this year (4.5 ish). Any tips about what to look for in a copy ? ( e.g registration, colours etc.).

On 2/26/2017 at 10:57 AM, piper said:

I plan to buy a low mid grade copy this year (4.5 ish). Any tips about what to look for in a copy ? ( e.g registration, colours etc.).

I see a lot of JIM 83s where the free edge is cropped right up to the "83" box.  If you scroll up this page you'll see an example or 2 of that.  To me it makes it look trimmed so I try to avoid that if I have a choice.  

Edited by gadzukes

8 minutes ago, TheSSurfer said:

Hello all, what's a good price to pay for 1.0-2.0 complete JIM 83? Just wondering as eBay isn't very accurate.

Why is eBay not very accurate?  Personally I don't see anything more accurate than a no reserve auction on eBay. A good price for a 1.0 is anything below a grand. GPA has most recent 1.5 and 2.0 at close to 2k. 

5 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Why is eBay not very accurate?  Personally I don't see anything more accurate than a no reserve auction on eBay. A good price for a 1.0 is anything below a grand. GPA has most recent 1.5 and 2.0 at close to 2k. 

I say eBay is not because when they sell for OBO the prices they may be asking, may not be accurate as some tend to over pay regardless of what GPA may say because the seller feels it is worth more, or needs to make the money back for that Stan ales signature, when the book costs less than that.

On 4/15/2016 at 2:19 AM, Unca Ben said:

My raw reading copy, not nearly as nice as most here, but the price was right. Picked it up for cheap in the early-mid '90s.

jim83_zpsnkt8flku.jpg

I once owned a FF 7 in the late 80s with the same "Glenn Wong" written on the front cover.