• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

Straight Arrow ... the 20's (I have a coverless of the missing # 22; in fact, I have a coverless for 4 more issues in this range) -

StraightArrow21_zps64675657.jpg

The missing Straight Arrow 22 with a couple of other issues. Fury got equal billing and Blaze took over the Straight Arrow covers.

14158020766_6a741262f8_b.jpg

DurangoKid18_zpsf3dbdd0a.jpg

A nice run of these Scrooge. I haven't read the White Indian stories yet, but they're on my list.

The #18 is my favorite of the covers you posted. Also, compared to the rest, that #15 monster cover sure seems out of place.

StraightArrow36_zps1552922c.jpg

Scrooge, thanks for posting all those Straight Arrows! Really great looking covers!

I must admit I was partial to Powell's back up "Red Hawk" (who had his own one shot), but that Meagher art is really beautiful!

147462.jpg.309f502333eab255e7a494bbf7c6d7ae.jpg

Scrooge, thanks for posting all those Straight Arrows! Really great looking covers!

My pleasure. Happy to be returning the favor with all the :cool: books you post.

Onto the # 40's. No # 41 in my boxes alas ...

StraightArrow42_zps92570142.jpg

Blaze comes on the scene

StraightArrow43_zpscec02f3d.jpg

StraightArrow44_zpsd6fdee39.jpg

One of my favorite covers in the entire run -

StraightArrow45_zps403893e2.jpg

Let's close out the run. Later issues are harder to get by. I am happy to have a 55, still missing 53 & 54 but I am on the lookout :)

So, the run ran for 55 issues with two spin-off: one issue of Red Hawk (BOOT posted his copy) and one issue of Fury.

StraightArrow50_zps51f17bb0.jpg

StraightArrow51_zps46a6956f.jpg

StraightArrow52_zpsd208d39f.jpg

StraightArrow55.jpg

Let's close out the run. Later issues are harder to get by. I am happy to have a 55, still missing 53 & 54 but I am on the lookout :)

So, the run ran for 55 issues with two spin-off: one issue of Red Hawk (BOOT posted his copy) and one issue of Fury.

StraightArrow55.jpg

Thanks for posting all the Straight Arrows Scrooge. I never gave them much notice before but they're definitely something I'll look out for now.

That #55 really stands out.. :applause: