• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

very cool

i appreciate the blunt honesty

so with a key book like Gene Autry #1 which has been falling for a few years now in top high grade condition

where do you guys predict it could be 10 or 20 years from now

do you believe that just 1 sale is enough for the "guide" to consider the value to stay strong? or is the general overview of the western market still going to "drop" the guides accepted value of the most expensive key western books

thanks

Thrilled to have won this at the recent Heritage auction. A very key western comic as Red Ryder begins his long ride through comics in this very issue

crackajackfunnies9_zpsf3f604c6.jpg

:applause: Congrats. This is one of my favorite westerns (I have a 7.5 also). First appearance of RR and a cool blue sky background.

I think even non-western fans would love the colors on this one.

WildBillHickock1810x1280_zps2f97f328.jpg

I love this one too. I have a lower graded one (what isn't compared to a Mile High?!), and I could stare it all day. The colors and cover art are so fantastic. Nice.

except for, and not until my Four Color trading quest I was not a western fan. But they are growing on me. Mostly backwards from the TV photo covers like bonanza and Wagon Train from my youth and prior.

I posted these in the four color thread. They crossover nicely into this thread. Got them from Terry O'Neil at a small Granada Hills Quarterly Comic Con.

fc632ZGsFightingCaravan_zps5054506a.jpg

fc616ZGsLastMan_zps796e40c9.jpg

fc555ZGsRangeWar_zpsd4f8fad1.jpg

fc511ZGsOutlawTrail_zps524cfbe8.jpg

Thrilled to have won this at the recent Heritage auction. A very key western comic as Red Ryder begins his long ride through comics in this very issue

crackajackfunnies9_zpsf3f604c6.jpg

:applause: Congrats. This is one of my favorite westerns (I have a 7.5 also). First appearance of RR and a cool blue sky background.

11394684283_2c1b24f838_c.jpg

I like it too but I also like Harman's painted covers in the later issues.

Edited by BB-Gun

except for, and not until my Four Color trading quest I was not a western fan. But they are growing on me. Mostly backwards from the TV photo covers like bonanza and Wagon Train from my youth and prior.

I posted these in the four color thread. They crossover nicely into this thread. Got them from Terry O'Neil at a small Granada Hills Quarterly Comic Con.

I like the Four color westerns jmg. Some nice books there and a couple I still need.

Isn't it funny how we all have different tastes? Photo covers: I love them. They were some of my favorites when I was a kid, and nothing has changed. So, I am one of the few that still picks up these worthless relics (including graded ones).

you and me both Powdered, I enjoy Photo covers ! the campier the better :)

And I've been staring at Tomahawk covers all day searching for possible Okajima's /sigh good news is I am beginning to appreciate the style of western books

Edited by Griff