• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

Thanks for watching :)

WOW!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thanks for posting all the American Eagle covers, Scrooge! One of my favorite western series. Fantastic Severin artwork! Never seen the whole run before. Thanks again!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Neat. The volume covers the biggest gap in my run, from 73 to 83. I wasn't chasing them at first, focusing on the American Eagle covers ... but as always, I'm now circling back and trying to find those issues :sigh:

Some great covers in that Prize Western run, Scrooge. Glancing through GCD, it looks like Severin did 2 or 3 stories in a lot of those issues. Definitely something to look forward to reading someday.

These two are probably my favorites of the ones you posted.

# 98

PrizeWestern98_zps77076397.jpg

# 106

PrizeWestern106_zps9e6d9eb8.jpg

They are decent reads and the cast of characters spans multiple stories so it's quite enjoyable simply for that.

To rescue Westerns from the second page, here's a recent Four Color purchase and a BLB I had lying around also about Buck Jones -

FC299_zps6c8f0363.jpg

FC299-BC_zps9c27bb2b.jpg

BLB-BuckJones-KillersofCrookedButte_zps05375a2b.jpg

They are decent reads and the cast of characters spans multiple stories so it's quite enjoyable simply for that.

To rescue Westerns from the second page, here's a recent Four Color purchase and a BLB I had lying around also about Buck Jones -

FC299-BC_zps9c27bb2b.jpg

I like this colorful back cover of the FC #299.

A couple of books at the opposite ends of the publishing spectrum. A just cracked out Fox book and a Dell book.

I haven't read the Gunsmoke yet, but I'm pretty confident there's not a lot of killing of women and children in it.

WesternTrueCrime4_zps772d3d0b.jpg

FourColor769_zps8c589c3c-1.jpg

A couple of books at the opposite ends of the publishing spectrum. A just cracked out Fox book and a Dell book.

I haven't read the Gunsmoke yet, but I'm pretty confident there's not a lot of killing of women and children in it.

WesternTrueCrime4_zps772d3d0b.jpg

FourColor769_zps8c589c3c-1.jpg

Very nice books, :headbang: hard to recall James Arness looking that young.

Scrooges post of his BLB, reminded me I have a "Better Little Book", though it is not mentioned on the front cover. The copyright dates this book from 1950.

BLB_LR_zps7f8c5e2c.jpg

Since I have Roy, this is a good a time as any to post my Four Color copy of Dale Evans.

FC_528.jpg