• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Scrooge said:

That's mikeyc67 you're talking about. He has multiples of everything :whatthe:

...... putting a face to your name was one of the highlights of the Baltimore Comic Con for me (thumbsu

....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

...... putting a face to your name was one of the highlights of the Baltimore Comic Con for me (thumbsu

:blush:

You're too kind and kind of crazy. Good meeting you too. Too bad there wasn't more time ...

Edited by Scrooge

Just now, Scrooge said:

:blush:

You're too kind and kind of crazy. Good meeting you to. Too bad there wasn't more time ...

.....I was kind of taken by surprise and would have said more at the time..... but I could sense that you had other matters to attend to ..... hope you had as much fun as I did..... all though, I must confess, lugging a short box full of comics four blocks to the parking garage had me questioning my sanity..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Western (along with War and Jungle) is a genre i don't 'actively' collect. In fact , what ever Western and Jungle i do have, they are mostly Baker covers. Funny thing is I grew up on Westerns because my parents are hardcore Western lovers . To this day when i go to visit them, if they're watching TV, even with all the choices with their cable package, some old Western is on :bigsmile:. On rare occasions a cover just jumps out at me, and this one is one of those. Not a Baker cover, but the girl (face and headlights) is drawn in GGA fashion, and the Lone Rider with his mask fits crosses into the hero genre, so happy to have this in the collection. Just happy to able to actually post in this Thread :D

Lone Rider #4.jpg

6 minutes ago, sagii said:

Western (along with War and Jungle) is a genre i don't 'actively' collect. In fact , what ever Western and Jungle i do have, they are mostly Baker covers. Funny thing is I grew up on Westerns because my parents are hardcore Western lovers . To this day when i go to visit them, if they're watching TV, even with all the choices with their cable package, some old Western is on :bigsmile:. On rare occasions a cover just jumps out at me, and this one is one of those. Not a Baker cover, but the girl (face and headlights) is drawn in GGA fashion, and the Lone Rider with his mask fits crosses into the hero genre, so happy to have this in the collection. Just happy to able to actually post in this Thread :D

Lone Rider #4.jpg

Great looking copy and nice to have it touch on multiple genre's for you.

My dad is the same as far as tv westerns are concerned. He always seems to be watching Gunsmoke, Rifleman or some other 50's western he grew up with.

21 minutes ago, damonwad said:

Great looking copy and nice to have it touch on multiple genre's for you.

My dad is the same as far as tv westerns are concerned. He always seems to be watching Gunsmoke, Rifleman or some other 50's western he grew up with.

They love those too (and Bonanza, Big Valley, Have Gun Will Travel, Riverboat, etc, etc..)

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Lone Rider #4.jpg

Once you go Western, you don't go back.

Nice book.  (thumbsu