• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Awesome Mr. B. You never fail to deliver.

Here's my most recent purchase -

Jimmy Wakely 2.jpg

I agree on the Mr. B. comment. Great looking Western Fighters.

That's also a great scene with the kid on the Jimmy Wakely. All the Toth stories inside don't hurt either.

6 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

it's come to this

and I tell my wife it's your fault :baiting:

LittleMissSunbeamComics04fc_zpsbqzm7yl6.

I'll gladly take the blame... and the books as punishment. That should make your wife feel better.

I haven't seen that Little Miss Sunbeam before and those are the definition of sharp corners. Very pretty book.

Here's another non-western western, which are kinda fun.  Harley had it sitting in a box at Wonder Con.  Never heard of the title, but a gorgeous book and the brand emblem, the "Double A" (Anglo-American) looked a bit like a real brand, like from a branding iron, and that was that.

ThreeAces53fc_zpsu1p2hdan.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

and the real thing.  Some Sherman covers I'd crawl over broken glass for, others strike me as meh.  Thankfully I don't feel the need to be a completist with this stuff.  As if I could!

I dig the heck out of this cover.  The size of the arrows and the immediate perspective they create, the coloring of the scattered rifle blast, and especially the white dust churned up by the (red!) wagon.  Too cool.

WesternComics11fc_zps8oojxwej.jpg

9 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

and the real thing.  Some Sherman covers I'd crawl over broken glass for, others strike me as meh.  Thankfully I don't feel the need to be a completist with this stuff.  As if I could!

I dig the heck out of this cover.  The size of the arrows and the immediate perspective they create, the coloring of the scattered rifle blast, and especially the white dust churned up by the (red!) wagon.  Too cool.

WesternComics11fc_zps8oojxwej.jpg

I haven't seen the Three Aces before and that's a great looking copy. Though they're just begging to be robbed with that box labeled "gold" showing on an open cart.

The WC #11 is one of my favorite covers of the series and you summed it up perfectly... "Too cool".

Great Western 11 !! (thumbsu

The 3 Aces is a Canadian book. Not a Canadian edition/version of an American book, but an actual Canadian book.  Also known as a "Canadian White" and also as a "WECA" book.  This particular issue is towards the very end of the Canadian Whites era (soon after the end of WWII, and I believe was also distributed within the US to a limited extent.)

i have owned other Western themed books from this late portion of the Anglo-American titles of Canadian Whites.  If I get the chance, I'll post a pic later.

On 9/8/2017 at 2:26 AM, Dr. Love said:

Some Sherman covers I'd crawl over broken glass for

One I'm partial to

Western25.jpg