• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mikeyc67 said:

Love group shot of multiple copies - only have one copy of Hoppy 37 but plenty of these:

IMG_0678.jpg

Every time you post this shot my heart goes pitter pat

that's some for real comic love, brother

good job Mike!

7 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Well, ya'll knows I like them thar purty colors...:cloud9:  And it helps that the #21 is the Mohawk Valley copy...meh

I was wondering if they were ped.I admit,I need to look up the Mohawk Valley collection now,that's new to me.

Edited by porcupine48

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I was womdering if they were ped.I admit,I need to look up the Mohawk Valley collection now,that's new to me.

MOHAWK VALLEY

This collection primarily consisted of runs of DC from the 1950 through the '60s, and was first offered through Sotheby's in 1995. Even though the cover tanning and lower page quality was pointed out, structurally the books are among the highest graded from the scarce period of DC in the mid to late '50s. Originating from the Mohawk Valley area in New York, the collection contained nearly all of the key issues produced by DC during the Silver Age, including an 8.5 copy of Showcase #4. Each copy from the collection included a certificate issued from Sotheby's, although the books do not exhibit any distinctive marks.

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

There's a thread on it.This pedigree certificate fits this page I guess?Do you have one Brian?

(image from 'Arty' in mentioned thread)

856140-mohawkcoa.jpg.a921d428fdacfae7eec

I don't know if I have cert. or not.  The book is locked up in my secret bunker at a bank...so I'd have to check...It looks familiar though...

4 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Speaking of the Hammer, anytime got any great Western covers with black cowboys, and which aren't racist?

Not racist?  Good luck with THAT... :baiting: The only non-racist (stereotype) black covers I am aware of are Negro Romances...

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian