• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

Can somebody advise, please: Is there a comic book adaption of John Ford's 1948 "3 Godfathers" (John Wayne)?

Any help would be much appreciated. Apparently, there's nothing to be found on the internet, not even in the "Grand Comics Database". 

17 minutes ago, Pickie said:

Can somebody advise, please: Is there a comic book adaption of John Ford's 1948 "3 Godfathers" (John Wayne)?

Any help would be much appreciated. Apparently, there's nothing to be found on the internet, not even in the "Grand Comics Database". 

If a querie of GCD came up short and there's no issue of Four Color devoted to it, I think you're probably out of luck.  I don't recall having seen one.

23 hours ago, damonwad said:

Nice pick ups RM.

I used to go to flea markets all the time with my dad when I was much younger. Lots of fun.

I went with my grandmother. She was a true antique collector. Probably where I got my collecting gene. She would buy me old comics when we found them. She was happy to see me excited and instilled the "thrill of the hunt" in me. I miss her, great lady and we had some fun times...:sorry:

9 hours ago, adamstrange said:

If a querie of GCD came up short and there's no issue of Four Color devoted to it, I think you're probably out of luck.  I don't recall having seen one.

Thank you, yes, seems a mystery (somebody claims to having read an adaption as a youngster, albeit not necessarily originating from the USA).