• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello, Marvel Studios. Anybody Home?

32 posts in this topic

okay, I'm not a studio executive. Ironman 2 comes out in a few weeks with Whiplash/Blacklash as the baddie. The 1st movie had Ironmonger, a character I never heard of. Yet the villian that I most associate with Ironman, The Mandarin, is nowhere to be seen. What gives? (shrug) Also, we're coming up on Spider-man 4 and no mention of The Kingpin? How many Spidey foes are a direct result of his involvement? That's all. Talk amongst yourselves. Or not. :hi:

Mandarin, I believe, was meant to be the leader of the nomadic tribe / group who took Stark hostage and then helped assemble the cast-aside parts from the makeshift IM outfit left in the desert.

At least, that was my impression--might need to rewatch the film one more time.

Regarding Spider-Man 4 / Spider-Man "Begins," it's going to be a reboot of the series with Raimi's #3 being the final in his contributions to the Webslinger's cinematic heritage. "My" thoughts are that they will probably borrow heavily from the Ultimate Spider-Man material since they've made it known this reboot will be focused heavily on Spider-Man/Peter Parker's exploits as a high school student. Further, it will allow them to better mirror aspects of the Ultimate Universe where Spidey is seen as the next "Cap" type character for the Ultimates (Avengers) working with Shield. And since we see a very Ultimate-styled Nick Fury in the Avengers, Iron Man, and Hulk Films... yeah, I think this might be a safe assumption.

I think Fox owns the rights to Kingpin as a result of the Daredevil film.

China is a growing market in regards to ticket sales(among other things) and I believe a character like the Mandarin has the potential to rub some the wrong way if not handled with kids gloves. I don't want to see a watered down Mandarin if that's our only option. I would greatly prefer an Iron Man movie with the Crimson Dynamo.

China is a growing market in regards to ticket sales(among other things) and I believe a character like the Mandarin has the potential to rub some the wrong way if not handled with kids gloves. I don't want to see a watered down Mandarin if that's our only option. I would greatly prefer an Iron Man movie with the Crimson Dynamo.

If I was Fox, i would run away from the Daredevil debaucle.

Yeah, but they like money. The DD Director's cut is WAYYYYYYY better than the theatrical cut which is surprising because it greatly benefits from a originally cut plot line involving Coolio. Yes, Coolio.

Yeah, but they like money. The DD Director's cut is WAYYYYYYY better than the theatrical cut which is surprising because it greatly benefits from a originally cut plot line involving Coolio. Yes, Coolio.

YES.

DD: DIrectors cut makes up for the regular being bad.

YES.

DD: DIrectors cut makes up for the regular being bad.

hm

The DD Director's cut is WAYYYYYYY better than the theatrical cut

That's like saying eating dirt is better than chomping down manure.

If I had to eat one of the two, I know what I'd pick

Personally, I'd choose neither.

If I remember correctly, Favreau once said, that everything that happens in the Iron Man movies is connected and that the main villain will be the Mandarin in the 3rd movie, revealed as the big bad behind everything. Wasn't there something about a terror organisation called the 10 Rings or something, which was never really explored? The guys that kidnapped Tony Stark seemed to be just little soldiers from this organisation. Just what I remember...

Anyone want to loan me a DD director's cut?

Just check out your local landfill - should be tons of copies.

Seriously, it's in the $5 bargain bin at Walmart, but even that's vastly overpriced.

If I remember correctly, Favreau once said, that everything that happens in the Iron Man movies is connected and that the main villain will be the Mandarin in the 3rd movie, revealed as the big bad behind everything. Wasn't there something about a terror organisation called the 10 Rings or something, which was never really explored? The guys that kidnapped Tony Stark seemed to be just little soldiers from this organisation. Just what I remember...

Correct, the group that took Stark hostage identified themselves as the 10 rings.

+1 on the daredevil director's cut. but -1 for them cutting affleck out of elektra (save the special features)

On the spidey front, ahem kingpin/electro/mysterio.

Also, needs more crossovers (punisher/iron fist in the next DD movie please.) Better yet, do either the bendis or brubaker runs, and no dances/slap fights in parks.

Correct, the group that took Stark hostage identified themselves as the 10 rings.

Didn't I mention this in my response (2nd post)? Mic check please.... :)