• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

Ok have fun I'm going to play poker and watch WEC 48.

So a very important question for all the women.

What do you think the toughest challenge is for a women in 2010 and beyond.

Personally speaking, as a "women" - being accepted in a Good Ole Boys Club is a real challenge (and y'all can translate that however you want because it applies in many circumstances in a woman's life). :blahblah:

The toughest challenge for lovinthesurfer is dealing with me on a daily basis!

Y'all are nice folks to have on the Boards.

This has been, start to finish, the best thread I've ever read. I'm happy I got back in it.

Any dude that needs to talk about how they know women, blah blah blah.... doesn't. The elephant in this room is huge and it got pointed out and some folks feel the need to describe how women should be or not be and it damaged their self esteem. Small package, indeed. Post another spoon shot of some lady as you like them. And then cry me a river about how you're raising your girls right.

I don't think anyone needs to talk about it. It was just a subject that evolved. I understand that the white elephant is in the room but in the end if you love the one you're with that's all that matters and that was my initial point.

The discussion evolved from just being skinny to a multi faceted topic and by extension self perception.

I think it's sad that women starve themselves and it's a big problem. Anorexia is a very serious issue as are other self perception issues.

On the flip side I personally believe I'm too skinny to be attractive physically and it's been a self esteem issue my entire life (among other things that I recognize but would rather not share) but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate some guy who looks buff.

If someone posts a picture of Melyssa Ford (built like some Michael Turner cover model) it's no different than posting a picture of Captain Marvel or Superman (or Johnny Depp, my personal nemesis) in the sense that nobody really looks like that but I might immediately feel some inadequacy about it.

I think as long as the difference between reality and fantasy is not blurred (sort of like Pharisees imposing burdens on people that they themselves couldn't carry) we're on the right track. Fantasy is not going away and reality is not going away so it's just important to me to keep the two separate and identifiable.

I don't mind if a model looks great. I just don't want my kids thinking they have to look like that to be beautiful people.

What I thought the discussion was centered on was the idea that the line between fantasy and reality shouldn't be blurred which it seems to be in the media.

...of course, I really didn't want to type all that up. What I really wanted to say was ouch, your post hurt me right in the package.

lol

Do you all see what happens when we let women post?

I'm more offended by this post than anything else that's been said. lol

Actually this not such a bad question when it's paired up with the right kind of answer, which is not the one alluded to by the OP, jokingly.

Can you imagine what this thread would have been like if it was all male posters?

Not as fun or as interesting :)

...wanted to add one more thing (and this is where you can put your tin foil hat on)...

The media is more interested in "looking healthy" than actually being healthy and I have a big problem with the media for that reason.

Media = $ machine and

$ machine = bottom line

Bottom line = profit at any cost and

profit at any cost = short cuts.

Short cuts = poor products.

Poor products = shafting the end consumer

Shafting the end consumer = disease (because the body will always compensate in some way to try to keep a balance)

If we ate good, wholesome foods, worked at hardworking jobs where physical labor was involved and got restful nights of rest we'd probably all be better off and reduce disease by a large percentage but that doesn't make the top hats in charge very rich so it's never going to happen.

It's much easier to turn a massive profit by propagating and keeping the masses enslaved than it is to make them healthy, confident and balanced.

(You can now remove your tin foil hats, folks.)

Yeah, my package is apparently perfect according to my soon to be wife.... I have a sneaking feeling that she's being nice. :D

Dan

That's what I'm talking about!

:headbang:

Those socks really throw off the whole feel of the thing.

Really? I would have guessed the watch lol

I was going to post "nice watch" and then edited.

lol

What did I miss? Where are all the thong pics? :taptaptap:

Eat your heart out.

that is so disturbing on SO many levels doh!

Another fave of mine.

Haircut-1.jpg