• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,841 posts in this topic

Finally - I now possess the three highest graded Jonny Quest Gold Key #1s.

9.4s with "ow/w" page quality. The other two remaining 9.4s that CGC slabbed, have just "off white" pages.

IMG_4032.jpg

Pretty maids - all in a row.....

IMG_4037.jpg

Do you want to make it four......

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=41984

Finally - I now possess the three highest graded Jonny Quest Gold Key #1s.

9.4s with "ow/w" page quality. The other two remaining 9.4s that CGC slabbed, have just "off white" pages.

IMG_4032.jpg

Pretty maids - all in a row.....

IMG_4037.jpg

Do you want to make it four......

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=41984

Wow! To have all four of the highest grade Quests,just awesome. (worship)

I appreciate the heads up or offer, but I strive to solely collect ow/w or better (some GA, Dell and Gold Key books make it tough at times) and that goes for this book.

This and the other "ow" book have been up for sale and or auction numerous times and though I've considered in the past about having a Monoply on these books......seems a little too greedy for me to achieve that.

:applause:

Gotta love the Love Romances and the other SA Marvel romance books, especailly when Kirby and the rest of the pre-hero crew worked on them. I think they're even tougher than the Millies and the Patsies.

Yeah Bro, I think you are right. As someone who has also looked for all of those books. Love Romances do not turn up for sale very much. And if they do they are real bad copies. Once in awhile I see OK grades for Millie and Patsys. But most of the times they are also beat. I think its years of no one wanting them and people who had them treating them as such. Not that there is that much of a colector base now. But for the few of us looking for them....Its hard! Anyone have a Love Romances # 88 for sale??? :grin:

:applause:

Gotta love the Love Romances and the other SA Marvel romance books, especailly when Kirby and the rest of the pre-hero crew worked on them. I think they're even tougher than the Millies and the Patsies.

Yeah Bro, I think you are right. As someone who has also looked for all of those books. Love Romances do not turn up for sale very much. And if they do they are real bad copies. Once in awhile I see OK grades for Millie and Patsys. But most of the times they are also beat. I think its years of no one wanting them and people who had them treating them as such. Not that there is that much of a colector base now. But for the few of us looking for them....Its hard! Anyone have a Love Romances # 88 for sale??? :grin:

VG+ is high grade for Marvel pre-'62 niche genre books. If there was a registry for Love Romances.....you'd have a top 3 registry set for a while. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This is the group shot of all the comics I have posted into the various clubs over the past week or so.

My Question for all of you is the following: What should be the sixth book to be allowed in my group shot?

IMG_8025.jpg